My wife and i stayed in crete for many years in the hermes hotel in ag nik, but when we married we thought we would treat ourselves and booked the minos beach for our honeymoon and we have never looked back since!!!!!!!!
in 2010 we stayed in a jnr suite which was in the garden of the hotel , the room was beautiful,spacious and spotless. we were very happy but then we moved to a private pool apartment and we were totally blown away!!!! the room was the same size and standard of the jnr suite but add in your own private pool (which is cleaned daily) , total privacy and beautiful view of the bay it really made our honeymoon something to remember for the rest of our lives.
There was no way we could ever go back to the hermes after experiencing this place so in 2011 we booked again and had another excellent two weeks and then this year (2012) we returned there for two weeks in june and another two weeks in sept!!! so you could say we really love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!
But why do we love it so much??????
Minos beach art hotel has it all , great rooms all very spacious ,clean and comfortable .
The staff really are excellent so friendly and helpful and nothing is too much , and if you want anything all you have to do is ask.
The hotel grounds are massive ,so there are no sunbed wars!!!!!!! as there are more than enough to go around.
it is a really nice walk along the coastline in the hotel grounds as they offer a good view of the bay and the port which is a 10 min walk from the hotel and also it is nice to go and check out the artwork which exhibited all around the hotel and its grounds.
The manager is a really nice man , he always makes a great effort to come and talk to as many guests as possible and when we returned in sept he was even kind enough to upgrade us ,which we totally didnt expect and as you can imagine we were very pleased!!!!
Having read some of the reviews i cant really understand what some of the people are complaining about as i have never had any cause to complain whilst staying at the minos!!?? if you like to go away and relax in beautiful surroundings ,get looked after by friendly and attentive staff and stay in really beautiful rooms then maybe its time for you to try the minos beach art hotel as well, just be careful though because if you stay once you might catch the bug like my wife and i and you will definitely be booking up every year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Beach art hotel has been influenced by the traditional architectural style of fishermen’s villages of Eastern Crete. One storey, whitewashed bungalows and villas with terraces and minimal interiors are almost touching the sea. The unique environs of the hotel with its sumptuous gardens and narrow stone paved streets host the 45 works of Greek and foreign artists. In the eastern part of Crete, only a ten-minute walk from the town centre of Agios Nikolaos and a 45-minute drive from the airport of Heraklion. Exquisite decoration features, minimalist forms and Feng-Shui elements enriched by the Greek aesthetics of cotton and wood, handcrafted details, candles and water syntheses, create unique spaces and corners, making your stay in Minos Beach unforgettable. For a truly VIP experience at Minos Beach, we offer one presidential villa and three executive villas with private swimming pools, as well as exclusive bungalows that are literary “caressing” the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Minos Beach Art hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Minos Beach Art Resort
- Hotel Minos Beach Art
- Minos Beach Hotel
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos