Myself and my four year old daughter stayed here at the beginning of June.
As a single parent I like everything to feel safe and be as easy as possible, this holiday was both.
The complex was very clean and the layout was excellent with lots of room for everyone! The complex was full the week I stayed and but there were still plenty of sunbeds and room for little ones to run around and adults to hide away.
My daughter especially loved the beach, it's very narrow with shallow waters, perfect if you don't want to be running miles as your small child makes a dash to the sea.
I stayed self catering which was ideal, some nights we ate on the balcony, some we ate in the complex and others in Ag Nik. The complex has a buffet was 20euro per adult and 5euro per child it also have another set menu, with spag bol and the like for about 8euro.
I was desperate to visit Spinalonga having read 'The Island'. I suggest reading it again when you are there it really did make the visit very memorable, beautiful and a little bit sad. We went early in the morning from Elouda and got a ferry across for 10euro , you stay for 1 1/2 hours, which is just about right and then the ferry takes you back, the tours start arriving about 11.30am, get there before them!!!!
This complex seems to appeal to all nationalities, there were very few Brits there when we stayed. I think it was the Danish and German half-term so the kids club was full of 'big-kids' which put my daughter off going but it still gave us somewhere to go together to get away from the sun for a little while. They have a playground as well, which was good.
Enjoy your stay, it's very pretty here.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Cretan style village right on the sea between Aghios Nikolaos (3.5km) and Elounda (5km), from which a frequent bus service connects with both villages.The airport and capital City of Heraklion are 65 km away, and all the fascinating attractions of the island can be reached by full or half day excursions. The village is comprised of 222 units of different types, set among 65.000 square meters of gardens. All units enjoy the same facilities including individual air-conditioning / heating, direct dial telephone, safety deposit box, TV, fridge, facilities for light cooking, filter coffee machines, hairdryer, private bath and shower and large terrace or balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candia Park Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candia Park Village Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Candia Park Village Agios Nikolaos
- Candia Park Village Crete/Agios Nikolaos