Nice hotel! The apartments were very clean and tidy, and the pool was lovely. There is a small private beach, b and hey offer some watersports off the beach for eg. doughnut rides etc, which were good fun! The resort is lovely and safe!
The food in the restaurant was very nice, and happy hour at the bar (2 for 1 cocktails) was really good. The entertainment was good, and varied. There is also the Galley Bar (on the way into Ag Nik), which provided great bar meals and is run by George and Jackie, whose hospitality is second to none!
Trips into Agios Nikolaos and Elounda are good, but this hotel is a really long walk into each town! And this is the downside to this hotel. There is a path from the tennis courts which takes you to the road, but it's a dirt track and not well lit at night. The walk from the main entrance is long! There is a bus stop at the end of the track though, which is great durng the day. If you are walking, the pavements are not in good condition, and we actually damaged our buggy on this holiday, as they really were in such a poor state. The walk into Ag Nik, took about 30mins at a good walking pace without the buggy (we left the baby with my sister at the hotel)!
Can thoroughly reccommend the trip to Spinalonga (the island that was once a leper colony)! Ag Nik and Elounda are lovely little towns, and taxis are reccommended to travel at night - my hubby took baby out for a walk one night to settle her down! The next day we walked to where he did, and it became apparent (in the dark), that he nearly fell down a ravine at the side of the road!
Great hotel, lovely area of Greece, just not for those with mobility issues!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Cretan style village right on the sea between Aghios Nikolaos (3.5km) and Elounda (5km), from which a frequent bus service connects with both villages.The airport and capital City of Heraklion are 65 km away, and all the fascinating attractions of the island can be reached by full or half day excursions. The village is comprised of 222 units of different types, set among 65.000 square meters of gardens. All units enjoy the same facilities including individual air-conditioning / heating, direct dial telephone, safety deposit box, TV, fridge, facilities for light cooking, filter coffee machines, hairdryer, private bath and shower and large terrace or balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Priceline, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candia Park Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candia Park Village Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Candia Park Village Agios Nikolaos
- Candia Park Village Crete/Agios Nikolaos