We have stayed at the Iberostar Hermes in Agios Nikolaos many times in, so it goes without saying that we like it a lot. The staff are all excellent and most of them have been there for many years. Recently the hotel has changed management and now also offers an all inclusive package, if you are on one of these deals please remember to tip the waitresses etc, as their income is very dependent on tips.
I have always been happy with the food on offer at this hotel but after our recent trip (first week in June) I must add that they have upped their game and the food is even better than it was (must have improved the chef’s budget).
I would say that 97% of the guest are either couples or mature groups which suits me, very, very few kids, mainly because there is not a lot for them to do either in the hotel or across the road at the pebble beach, so not recommended for young families. It only takes one crier to ruin everyone else’s peace and quiet or dinner.
1. Always pay the extra for a sea view room, waking up in the morning to that view is worth it.
2. The journey from Heraklion to the hotel on a travel agents bus takes about 2.1/2 hours, we hire a car and if you know where you are going the journey is about 45 minutes, from the airport the road is very well signposted.
3. Every Wednesday morning there is a market at the top of the town (worth a walk round)
4. There is a bus I believe every 30 mins or so, which passes outside the hotel going to Elounda ..cost 2 euro each way (good bus routes in all direction from main street all over the island)
5. If you fancy a trip to Spinalonga island there are boats from the harbour (7 or 8 minute walk from the hotel) at a cost of 35 to 40 euro a head, for this you get aprox 1 hour on the boat, an hour on the island, 30 minutes swimming and an hour back on the boat (50 minutes actually). If you have a car and travel along the coast past Elounda to Plaka (20 minutes drive from the hotel) there are boats every 30 minutes to and from Plaka to Spinalong (10 mins on the boat)and you can stay on the island as long as you like and get any return boat to Plaka at your leisure ..cost 8 to 10 euro return.
6. The shopping area in town is literally 4 or 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
Enjoy your trip and remember ...good manners cost nothing and are often rewarded with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the coastal line of Mirabello bay, Hermes hotel gives you the opportunity to tastethe unique Mediterranean Sea and is only one step away from the heart of the lively city ofAgios Nikolaos. Hermes is the perfect starting point for those wishing to explore the wondersof Crete simultaneously offering an experienced service and numerous facilities for yourcomfort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hermes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Agios Nikolaos