This is my second review of this hotel having been with a friend last time decided to visit with husband..as he is used to top 5* luxury hotels and I did feel and still do feel rooms are a bit tired and bathrooms need upgrading...was unsure if he'd love the place as much as I did.
Needn't have worried if anything he was fine with the room itself (actually I was the one thinking even more tired re decor in rooms)..and he adored the rooftop pool and the location of the hotel and we had one of the best holidays ever chilling out.
The food was absolutely outstanding..I have never liked buffet food...but this time even I was impressed by the quality and choice...the breakfasts have improved... terrific choice they now make eggs freshly fried...get them first then add bacon to stay hot...the omelette is also excellent time it so its just been done and take a slice and lovely and hot which was my main minor quibble food tended to be almost cold before. You can also boil your own egg the way you like it ..
We tended to eat outdoors ...looking at the stunning views...and the service was outstanding Eva was especially kind always found us a table.
We for the first time in many years went all inclusive..as we occasionally like to sleep late the fact you could have continental breakfast at 10am till 11am meant no stress...although we did tend to go in time for the hot breakfast lovely to have the option.
Lunchtime they do hot fresh fish cooked on the grill so if a bit stuffed from breakfast could have salad with this and a nice carafe of wine. Dinner also exceptionally good again carvery of some meat or fish...plenty of choices.
The entertainment is something I usually give a miss but velina and team were great fun and the bar staff were great too...loved their pina coladas...and even the local G&T's were good. The greek night was particularly good...BBQ too.
The bedrooms are not luxurious....but the view makes up for that IMO...and I didn't bother with mattress topper and didn't find the bed too hard at all..shower worked well....but I do think they need an upgrade tiling just a bit grubby although cleaned daily.
My biggest bug last time visited was the whole early start for sunbeds..there were lots more of them this time...and never had a problem ..don't know if its because we were low season ..but enjoyed not having to rise early to bag a spot.
I love the position of this hotel just a few minutes to the harbor and lagoon and shops feel very safe here..I was happy walking around myself while my husband enjoyed a beer.
Many people go back year after year ...I will be one of them....already planning my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the coastal line of Mirabello bay, Hermes hotel gives you the opportunity to tastethe unique Mediterranean Sea and is only one step away from the heart of the lively city ofAgios Nikolaos. Hermes is the perfect starting point for those wishing to explore the wondersof Crete simultaneously offering an experienced service and numerous facilities for yourcomfort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hermes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Agios Nikolaos