After reading previous reviews I was slighly concerned at the bad reviews on here but once I arrived all my concerns were gone! I do agree in regards to the sun bed situation and for the first three days of our 2 week break there were clearly not enough beds. There were then plenty more new beds put out so it looks like the hotel has taken on board the previous feedback and there were always some spare (this however didn't stop some people getting up in the middle of the night to put towels down to reserve the beds and then didnt come down till lunch time/the afternoon). The hotel does need to get hotter on this as the couple of signs are not working. We booked through Thomson and the only option was HB. The hotel were very accomadation and let us swap our evening meal for a lunch in the hotel as were were not planning on dining in the hotel in the evening. The food was very good in the restuarant and the staff were really friendly, breakfast and lunch always had plenty of options - something definelty for everyone and of a good quality.
We did pay the extra for a sea view room and agree with other reviews that paying is defintely worth it but even if you do not have a sea view room you do get to take advantage of the view from the pool/resturant/bar areas - all of which looks over the gorgeous Aegon Sea. The view is stunning. Rooms are basic for what we would be use to for a 4 star in this country but very clean and had everything that we needed - they are cleared and tidied everyday with new towels etc. Pool Bar is very nice and the prices at the hotel are no more expensive that going to any of the bars in Ag. Nikolaos.
The location is perfect - walking distance to four small beaches and right on the door steps of the bars/restuarants of the marina & Lake. The food quality and choice was very good and if you want a resort with real Greek charm - this is the place (not a english bar or macdonalds in sight!) We would definitely recommend going to Mare e Monte (a Italian/Greek) the most deflious food and welcoming - you will definetly end up going back again.
We booked through Thomson to go to Knossos, the water park and Spinalonga - all of which we really enjoy and were run really well.
All in all, the hotel and location was perfect and one of the best holidays we have had. The only negiative is that we are now home and the two weeks went way too fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the coastal line of Mirabello bay, Hermes hotel gives you the opportunity to tastethe unique Mediterranean Sea and is only one step away from the heart of the lively city ofAgios Nikolaos. Hermes is the perfect starting point for those wishing to explore the wondersof Crete simultaneously offering an experienced service and numerous facilities for yourcomfort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotwire so you can book your Hermes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Agios Nikolaos