“Wonderful views”

Ranked #13 of 95 Hotels in Agios Nikolaos
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Wonderful views”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband, 14 year old and I went to the coral hotel for 2 weeks Aug. The hotel has breathtaking views and well worth paying a little extra for a sea view room. The rooms are small but cleaned daily, the bathroom was well appointed with a powerful shower. I founf the beds to be very uncomfortable, probably showing my age! The hotel is situated in the heart on this beautiful town with its numerous tavernas, shops and bars.
The food at this hotel is superb for a 3 star, and we all put on a little weight. The waiting staff were very efficeint and helful and work very hard. The bar downstairs in the hotel has recently been refurbished and could do with a few pictures and plants dotted around. However we had no trouble getting served, the cocktails we superb and the staff very friendly. Dispute the long journey from the airport to at nik we would definitely visit this resort and this hotel again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank lesleyburton1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Greek first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

this is a great hotel make no mistake,great location,just a few minutes to the centre on foot.clean everywhere,lots of food choices,not much waiting at the bars,very helpfull and knowlegable staff,i was all inclusive,and a single guest,i got a double room with free air con,and sea view,it may not be the swankiest of hotels,but exceeded my needs,because all of the things went well together,i rate it my first ever 5 stars,also the hotel rep,vilina,is very funny,and very wise,introducing me to some dutch and french girls,and we all had a night out.all in all excellent

Room Tip: if you get sea and pool view you will avoid the road noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank mickainsworth
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our room had a lovely view over the pool and beach, it was very clean and well maintained, the daily maid service was excellent,
The restaurant had a great view over the sea, there was always a good variety of hot and cold food. The salads and fruit selections were lovely.
The main bar was rather functional, staff were very friendly but the minimal entertainment left a lot to be desired.
The rooftop pool bar was located in a lovely shaded spot overlooking the beach.
The pool area was clean and well maintained, with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas for everyone.
The advertised, daily poolside activities did not happen. The girl in charge of entertainment was very friendly, fluent in every possible language and worked hard with almost no resources to entertain families. Her job would be made so much easier if the hotel provided equipment which was in good repair.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Yolanda O
Harstad, Norway
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was in the Hotel Coral when I was in Aghios Nikolaos in June.
It was their homepage that drew me inside. Here type it:
"Snack Bar by the pool side, located on the 2nd floor, offers in a warm and informal holiday’s atmosphere, a breathtaking view of the Mirabello Bay. The warm summer colors predominate.
It is the place where you can combine your light lunch while relaxing by the swimming pool."
It was truly an exceptional view of the harbor, bay and mountains. That's what I have at home.
So I were up there more days. Sometimes the time I bought lunch or beverage, and then out to the pool area, mountains and sea.
At the same time I also see the people who work at the snack bar. An old nice lady in the kitchen. She made the food. The menu was great with many dishes.
I also saw the lady who served the guests. She was happy and smiling, she work quickly and she had a high efficiency, she saw the guests who came, those who were there and those who went from the bar. She was clever.
She had a badge with the name Smaragtha?
She must be a jewel for the hotel. As an emerald! High salary? Surely worth it.
But: The hot summer colors I'm not see in the snack bar, but in the pool area.
The whole hotel looked good.
So maybe I will come back to live in the Hotel Coral.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank 850Finn
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have just returned from holiday (3wks) at the Coral Hotel.I have visited the same hotel for about six years.They are going through a referb program,which appears to be very nearly complete to a very high standard.Improvments are noticable in all areas.The rooms were very clean sheets/towels changed daily.THe food was to a high standard with many choices.l stayed A/I with a sea view on 2nd floor,the lift was almost outside my door which was handy as l have walking difficulties.The downstairs bar has been totally transformed from the seventies style to 2012.Obviously l had favorites in both bar areas, as far as l am concerned all the staff are stars well done.The Management team are highly visable and approachable,the staff as usual are highly motivated,all in all a wonderfull holiday.........Thank you ...........See you again

Room Tip: 2nd floor sea view is the best for me,not bothered by noise,lovely sunrise
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
15 Thank colley48
Bonby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2012

have stayed at the Coral on a couple of occasions now.
staff were polite and efficient although some were a little stiff and awkward
hotel was clean throughout some areas were a little run down
beautiful views across the bay
locaton not far from the resort centre which is laid back and steady.

Room Tip: high floor sea view both essential
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Chris A
Renfrewshire
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed the week commencing 20th September on an A/I basis. We had emailed ahead and asked for a sea view room which we did get, it was very small and dim on the 1st floor overlooking the road. Would have liked a high floor as requested but accept that the hotel appeared to be very busy. The hotel was very clean and our room was cleaned daily with clean sheets and towels daily. I thought the food was very good with good choices although we ate out alternate nights because the town of Agios Nilolaos has just too many options to be stuck in a hotel. We never used the bar (canteen/community hall) as it was just not comfortable for a drink and the one time we went it felt like we were asking for something for nothing. We preferred to go out to the nice bars and had budgeted for that ahead of our trip. If we hadn't I would have been very dissapointed if I had to drink in the bar every night. The pool area is in need of a total refurb although it has a lovely view and the pool bar lady was very pleasant and friendly. Not enough loungers as previously mentioned. The staff here were nice and we had no problems with any of them. The hotel is in a good location but I would choose a different option when returning to Ag Nik (which we may not do due to the terrible Heraklion airport). All in all a nice holiday using the hotel as a base.

Room Tip: Budget to go out of the hotel for drinks
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple