I loved how this hotel has been so beautifully and thoughtfully designed around its location. Creating a sun bathing area into the rocks provides a wonderfully peaceful place to laze around, listening to the sound of the waves. It's absolutely not suitable for children to play here (that's probably why it's so quiet) but for families there are the beach and the pool areas too.
Everywhere you wander within this hotel there are new nooks to be examined with wonderful artworks.
The standard sea view rooms we booked offered clean accommodation with good facilities. I liked the glass ceiling above the shower for the natural light it gave, but it did mean the bathroom could become uncomfortably warm.
We ate every day at the beach side restaurant which provided a pretty extensive menu. I can highly recommend the sushi and also the shrimp salad. As others have commented, it's not cheap but then no 5 star hotel in Europe is. It was 4 EU for a beer and the same price for a 1 litre bottle of water or a coffee.
We ate a couple of times in the Greek restaurant and once in the Minotaure. The food in the Minotaure was fantastic (the best food and service we had all week) but it completely lacked atmosphere as there were only 3-4 tables occupied when we went, which was a shame. Service in all 3 restaurants and indeed wherever we went was excellent.
We took a trip to Plaka (20EU in a taxi) to get the boat to Spinalonga. We loved this little village and returned for dinner later in the week. It felt worlds away from the more touristy Ag Nik. There is a bus that goes directly from Plaka to St Nicolas Bay and I believe cost 2.10 EU each way.
The gym opens daily at 7am and is reasonably well equipped. It has 3 treadmills, 2 bikes plus some weight machines and free weights.
I had a wonderful stay here. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings, then this is the hotel for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spacious Balcony or Terrace in each Room or Suite provides a private and secluded open air lounge to sit and relax with great sea views.- From the secluded privacy of your room balcony / terrace only 2 minutes walk through flower scented gardens to reach the private sandy beach and sunbathing terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel And Villas
- Saint Nicolas Bay Hotel
- St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas Crete/Agios Nikolaos