I have worked in travel 10 years and have been too many destinations and hotels, some have been lovely and we have fond memories but for the first time ever we both agreed we would return to the Saint Nicolas bay and in fact have already start to arrange an October trip.
We are a young 30year old couple with no children and although i think the St Nicolas bay would suit a family holiday this is just our perspective of what we like on holiday.
The hotel on arrival is tucked away in a secluded haven that feels more like a your in your own mansion walls, the staff and extremely lovely and always professional and will do anything they can to make your stay a good one. You will often see the Manager and general manager around the hotel making sure everything runs smoothly.
The food was some of the best i have eaten in a hotel Half board is a mixture of buffet and waiter service and some of the best food we had. Lunch is fab with a mixture of international, traditional Greek and some lovely salads, breakfast is lovely and often served near the pool in the sunshine which is just divine. The choice of buffet and the option of hotel is all done in a nice way and does not feel as if you are in a canteen.
The pool area is smaller than bigger hotels but there is plenty of space, the same goes for the beach the sandy cove itself is limited but there are fantastic bathing platforms above the sea which we preferred as no messy sand and a nice breeze.
The views from this hotel are to die for the go for the best sea view you can afford, we have a deluxe suite and for a family they are a brilliant size with more than enough room. There is a DVD player in the room which seems silly but was actually a nice addition so after dinner drinks we could catch up on the films we have been wanting to watch all year but never go round to.
The beds are comfortable and big, the bathrooms are well equipped and the showers are excellent. All areas of the hotel have free wifi and they have a free of use computer in the cinema room.
The spa is one of the best i have experienced and the rooms for couples are like hotel suites in themselves, some of the pool rooms are large with enough space for a family to share and others are very private if you do not like to be seen.
Agios Nikalos you can see from the hotel but its the other side of a small beach and the walk around the beach is about 20 mins although a taxi would take no more than 5 if you didn’t feel energetic. The town is a good size and better than the hotels in Elounda which have nowhere to walk to.
In all this hotel is elegant boutique hotel but with a nice quiet family feel and lots of facilities, its also one of the best located 5 star hotels for walking into town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spacious Balcony or Terrace in each Room or Suite provides a private and secluded open air lounge to sit and relax with great sea views.- From the secluded privacy of your room balcony / terrace only 2 minutes walk through flower scented gardens to reach the private sandy beach and sunbathing terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel And Villas
- Saint Nicolas Bay Hotel
- St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas Crete/Agios Nikolaos