We stayed in Daios Cove as part of our honeymoon a few weeks ago. As other reviews say the hotel is situated in a beautiful cove but it is very remote, there are 4 buses in the morning in to the local town (which is definitely worth a visit) and then 3 buses back in the afternoon but that's all, so you either need to go for a full day (useful if you're doing a day trip to Spinalonga Island for example) or you need to get a taxi back to the hotel (13 euros).
The layout of the hotel is on a cliff side so you do need to take the funicular to get to certain places which can be time consuming but if you're on holiday to relax then that shouldn't be a problem. We were on 3rd street so luckily didn't need to take the second funicular up from the main hotel building. The beach is lovely and the staff are very attentive to provide towels and take drinks orders etc. As mentioned on other reviews the drinks and lunch food aren't cheap but they are in line with other 5 star resorts in Crete.
We stayed in a deluxe double with individual pool which was a beautiful room with stunning views and an individual pool. The room was kept very clean and there were little touches at turndown like a card with tomorrows weather forecast on. The only problem with the individual pool is that people in the rooms either side of you could see directly into your room when in their pools or (as happened to us) when the children next door were walking along the ledge between our two pools, not ideal if you're having a romantic holiday! Also the pool isn't heated so it can be a bit cold!
We were on half board so ate dinner every night in the main buffet restaurant, the food was varied and there was plenty to cater for everyone but I wouldn't say it was quite 5 star standard (comparing it to another half board buffet at another 5 star resort we stayed at in Crete earlier in our honeymoon). The bar was beautiful and the staff were fantastic but I don't think we would have visited it if it hadn't been a special occasion for us as it was very expensive (cocktails 10-15 euros each).
The only other thing to mention is that, as in other hotels in Crete, none of the pools are heated (unless you are paying for this in a villa) so the sea tends to be a warmer bet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the town of Agios Nikolaos — yet on the secluded beach of Vathi this luxury resort in Crete enjoys an exclusive elegant and serene location. In a private cove amidst blue skies, a crescent of sand and the calm of the Mediterranean, Daios Cove is regarded as the ultimate 5 star beach resort in Crete Island ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas Hotel Vathi
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort And Villas
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas Crete/Agios Nikolaos