Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas
$87
$85
  • Beachfront
Miramare Resort & Spa(Agios Nikolaos)(Great Value!)
$115
$111
  • Pool
Faedra Beach Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)(Great Value!)
$98
Lato Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)(Great Value!)
$56
$48
Hotels.com
$185
Orbitz.com
Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)(Great Value!)
$145
$144
Mare-Olympus Apartments(Agios Nikolaos)(Great Value!)
$67
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
$554
$538
$290
1,940 results
All reviewspangea restaurantocean restaurantcrystal boxprivate poolocean clubscott dunngolf buggieshalf boardkids clubbeach staffclub carbed villagreek tavernavilla guestsguest relationsbeach bardifferent theme
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Daios Cove in May 2013 and I can genuinely say we were blown away. Everything from the location, to the service, to the accomodation was incredible. The staff couldn't do enough for you and even the standard room which we stayed in was amazing. The food at the Pangea restaurant was good for what it was and the two a la carte restaurants were excellent. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable as was the whole resort. It's only about 10 minutes in the car to Agios Nikaloas which a very pretty town with plenty of shops and restaurants. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a relaxing, quiet holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have been there with my family, and we got 2 different rooms with private swimming pools. The room was perfect, very modern, clean and huge. all the rooms do have sea view. the food was great, the stuff was pleasant and we had spa which was fantastic. It is the perferct place to spend your vacation. Cant wait to be there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed for 1 week with family and friends. The hotel is very nice and comfortable, amazing view, staff was friendly and very helpful.

But I was bored after 2 nights, there is no entertainment in the evening....basically everyone goes to their villas after the dinner. I stayed at the pool bar for two nights having a wine and listening to a live band.

They could've had half an hour water aerobics in the main pool. I am sure lots of people would ve been happy to join. The use of indoors pool is limited to the fact, that we travelled with children and kids are not allowed there.

My friends tried the Spa, which was a disappointing experience, overpriced and not particularly good.

The food quality is really poor. Tried pool bar, milkshakes and pizzas are tasteless....

They have different theme in the main restaurant every night, but we couldn't see any difference, as the food was poor quality, with no flavours, bland.

I would expect a freshly squeezed juice for breakfast and seasonal fruits, like cherry, blueberries and not tasteless melons and kiwi, which were as hard as rock.

Having smoked salmon and selection of good quality of cheese (not the basic type) would've improved the quality of breakfast. The bread was nice, fresh and tasty. I would rate breakfast at a maximum 3 star.

Maybe I was spoiled by Dubai 5 star hotels, as I used to live there for 4 years and I know what to expect from a 5 star resort.

The other mysterious thing which left me wondering is the fact that every day after the room was cleaned up, the number of towels and bath mats would diminish ....to be environmentally friendly we reused towels and I did not ask to change the bedding during our 1 week stay...but every day when we get back from the beach there would be more towels missing....and the bathroom toiletries were not replenished on a daily basis.

If You fancy somewhere more lively and upbeat, choose another place....as it did feel like a prison after awhile....

Room Tip: Good for families with young children if you want to go to bed at 10. Bring your IPad loaded with movies, tv channels are very limited.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Elena L
Daios_Cove, General Manager at Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments as it is a pleasure to receive constructive feedback, which we may utilize in an effort to further develop the resort and establish its brand awareness globally. We are happy to see your positive comments regarding our employees, which will empower them.
I will communicate your great comments to the entire team, who I am certain will all be encouraged and awarded by the positive remarks concerning their professionalism. Your positive reference to our personnel is the cap stone to our efforts of spending significant monetary resources on winter, traveling to different European countries and participating in University career days, through which we recruit multilingual employees with previous International experience.
We honor ourselves for catering to different needs which is why the resort offers ten theme nights, specifically chosen by our gastronomic team to satisfy our esteemed clients who are accommodated on a 10 night rolling basis. Every single gastronomic night in the main restaurant offers a variety of 45 dishes out of which 10 are for vegetarians. In order to further enhance the variety we have specifically chosen Mediterranean tastes such as:
1. Italian night with a variety of pasta dishes,
7. Cretan night with local delicacies,
8. Fish night with a variety of fresh fish, seafood & shellfish,
9. Asian night with sushi, noodles and themed rice courses,
10. International night featuring different cultures dishes
Your description entails that you were accommodated at a Villa, which really does not correspond with what you describe for the breakfast and juices. All of our Villas are offered a separate breakfast restaurant (Ocean a La Carte) and offers not just freshly squeezed orange juice but any fresh juice a customer wishes. You just need to ask your waiter. Your description of our breakfast is rather blurry as you neither mention that you may order all warm dishes A la carte (Villas offer) nor the eight other fresh fruits (apart from kiwi).
Our Italian restaurant firstly operated on 2011, following the concept of “Italian creative cuisine” and received great critiques. In a continuous effort of upgrading our services, we designed a menu in compliance with the latest gastronomic trends in Europe were clients enjoy Italian dishes with a French twist. The menu is designed and executed by our Italian chef who was recruited from a two stars Michelin restaurant and has extensive culinary experience from France, Italy and the UK.
The Greek restaurant has started its operation as such in the beginning of 2011 with the concept of “Greek creative cuisine”. Its creation derived from our will to offer upscale service in conjunction with fresh gastronomic flavors and to achieve this we have recruited a well-known Greek Chef specializing on renowned Cretan recipes. Since its beginning, it has been receiving daily excellent comments on the cuisine and service experience. Two theme nights (“Greek” & “Lobster”) are offered featuring table service & several typical Greek culinary delicacies. I am sure you’ve noticed that the experience is completed with customers choosing from an array of meat delicacies displayed on trimmed ice, subsequently cooked and served a la minute.
Thank you for mentioning that we are not an upbeat resort as indeed we have made all possible efforts to protect the natural environment and to blend architecturally the building within the landscape offering guests a true sanctuary. During your stay our resort organized 12 entertainment activities varying from musical nights, cooking lessons, dancing classes, language tutoring, special culinary and music events in our Greek restaurant and, tennis courses. All of the above activities took place in different outlets with two live bands lasting from 20.00 to midnight and the bar closing at 01.00. I am sure you would agree that four hours of consecutive music entertainment is a relatively long time to satisfy guests wishing to have a drink before or after dinner.
Although I appreciate your comments concerning your holiday with us, I have to mention that the description of a disappointing experience at the SPA is very subjective. Our 2.500 square meter SPA managed by the internationally recognized company GERMAINE DE CAPUCCINI, defines exquisite moments of indulgence designed by a team of experts. Personalized care for clients’ skin is of primary importance offering truly relaxing and luxurious well-being therapies. This in conjunction with the hotel’s services and facilities contributed in received the SPA Diamond award as Europe’s best SPA resort for 2011 by Busche Verlag.
We are proud to have launched this year a program called Your choice makes the difference. Upon guests request we do not change linen. Guests wishing to change their linen the next day place a white card on the bed. Towels are changed when placed in the bathtub or on the floor. All that is done is order to reduce chlorine and detergent use and save millions of liters of water. However should a guest wishes not to participate you inform our staff by a written card found in the room.
As you have experienced the hotel has exceptional hardware and a fresh team willing to provide a true experience. We thank you for informing us and believe that this procedure is to both of our benefits, as we all wish to keep our customers satisfied.
Warmest Regards,

Panagiotis Almyrantis

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I agree with many of the comments by others on here and read lots of the reviews before I travelled to Crete so here are my comments which I have broken down into sections for ease of reading.

Welcome and staff
It actually does not get any better than this, from the moment you arrive you are made to feel very special. Never met a rude member of staff, but special mention for Maria who looks after the villa guests and Paige in kids club

Rooms/Villa's
We stayed in Villa 202 which is right by the sea and the sound of the waves at night was lovely, this was an upgrade for us as it is a 2 bedroom villa and we had booked a 1 bedroom. The quality of the rooms/villas is high and we visited other rooms besides our own.
The suites and villa's on level 8/9 have amazing views but its a long way to the dinning, beach etc, however there is a carpark, tennis courts and playpark at this level so if you were on B & B and had a car and were seeing the island it would be perfect .
The villas give you seperate dinning for breakfast which was very relaxing and not busy, also a seperate area on the beach. We had friends round to our villa one day and the hotel put on a buffet at our request it was first class.
Could do with at least 1 kids channel in English on the TV.

Pangea
This is the main restaurant which is buffet style, this is an area where they really do have some work to do. Its more or less the same every night with one or two dishes changing, the desserts are much better than the mains and there is ice cream for the kids buts its not clearly advertised.
However the main problem with this area is the wild cats which gather on the grass by the open area section of the restaurant the same area where the small children play. We saw a small boy attacked by one of these cats whilst we were there and its was horrid, I really do not understand why they allow this to happen. I will be writing to the senior management about this.

Taverna
Some nice food to be had but beware the fresh catch of the day, my red snapper was fantastic but cost £50. The Greek night is very average and in my opinion not worth it.

Pool Bar and Beach Bar
Food is fine for snacks with lovely frozen cocktails on the beach.

Crystal Box
Lovely for pre-dinner drinks with 5 star prices. service is a bit hit and miss here.

Water sports
We tried only the inflatable sofa which is pulled behind the speed boat, great fun but choose a day when its not so windy.

Kids club
Really excellent, the girls are great and they have great programmes, my son loved it.

Ag Nic
We ate in town a couple of times plenty of options
We did a tour on the yellow semi -submarine and that is an excellent couple of hours especially with children, they go out to a small island then feed the fish so great views under the water of barracuda , turtles etc.

We will be back to Daios Cove as they have only a few things to get right and no place is perfect.

Room Tip: Views on high levels are fantastic but you need to balance that against the time spent getting to the beach etc and the fact that it can be windy up top
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stunning cove resort with best accommodation ever - rock star villas with hotel amenities. Outdoor shower with view is unsurpassed. Nice private beach and infinity pool. Great kids club with imaginative schedule and Paige and Claire were super. Food ok, but lack of wine bottle storage suboptimal. Total lack of evening entertainment except for the soulful and impressive Basin Street Quartet.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family