“my friendly favourite !”
Review of Bar-Bistro Obelix - CLOSED

Bar-Bistro Obelix
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The welcome here is always the same, smiley faces, good conversation and the cleanliness is second to none.
I use this restaurant regularly on my frequent visits to Crete, the food is always cooked to the
customers requirements and the Chef Tim is always accommodating if you want to mix and match dishes or diverse slightly from the printed menu.
There is a regular client base of repeat customers from all over the globe who are remembered
and welcomed everytime.
This is a must restaurant for quality, quantity and price.

1  Thank MsH55

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great food.
Excellent service.
By far our favorite restaurant!
We visit this restaurant many times. Perfect for lunch and our evening meal.
The steaks are to die for and they make the best beef burgers we ever had.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have been going to Obelix for 12 years now and eat most evening.there. The food is always good and Tim the chef will cook it any way you desire without fault & the owners Rob & Martine look after you so well. They cant do enough for you to make your holiday special. Would recommend to anyone going to Ag Nik this restaurant is a MUST..They have internet as well and they also have most sport's channels on the tv.

2  Thank Repetars
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Been again to Obelix and still think it is a lovely pace to grab a bite to eat or to have a lovely evening meal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it wouldn't do for us all to like the same things but my personal view is that some of the negative comments about this place are at best misplaced. If someone asked me where they could get a nice meal at a reasonable price then I'd never hesitate to send them to Obelix. Some of the things that folk moan about are quite funny - the fact that Martine speaks as she lays the cutlery is in my mind just good manners, otherwise there'd be criticism that the staff were ignorant and unfriendly. As for the TVs, even if they were on they weren't obtrusive - in fact I struggled to catch up on the Olympic football when we were in. My kids love it here as do my wife and I. We have been coming for 16 years and have never been disappointed and I can tell by the customers who we've seen before over the years that Obelix clearly has a good reputation and lots of repeat custom. I find that Robert and Martine are very friendly without being "in your face" and will go out of their way to get what you want - still lovely is my view!!!!!!

2  Thank MickyDip
Reviewed August 9, 2012

good food and great prices.rob and martine look after you the minute you walk in. wide choice on the menu all cooked to perfection thanks to tim. well worth a visit,will be back next year..

1  Thank happyEdin_