“Went three times. Excellent”
Review of Knossos Taverna - CLOSED

Knossos Taverna
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The oldest family ran restaurant in Agios Nikolaos Crete. Open since 1976
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went here for a meal as a couple before the family came out and found it to be the best food in Agios. We had previous to coming here gone to the top 8 on trip advisor but felt this was head and shoulders above all of them on atmosphere, food and staff. The food is very well priced, the house wine is cheap but again very nice. Couldn't fault the place would make it my first stop on return.

1  Thank cretelove
There are newer reviews for Knossos Taverna

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Return to great Taverna with amazing food, seems to get better every time we return. Stifado and Kleftico one of the best locally. Was nice to see Taverna full to bursting and having to wait for table to come free. (Speaks for itself). My family and I travel to Ag Nik every year this is one of the top Tavernas.

1  Thank Looeterry
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I ordered fresh sea bass, and what I got was a frozen fillet fried with breadcrumbs of the poorest possible quality. It was so bad that when I complained the waiter said "I told the cook that you wouldn't like it", he did not put it in the bill, and brought a free dessert (again, terrible quality, but a gift is a gift) instead.
Great service, horrible kitchen.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went here twice. Lovely food and a nice spot. First time was the best, as second time there was an influx of people and service was slow as a result. No complaints overall and prices great.

1  Thank Onedeshazel
Reviewed August 21, 2013

A diamond hidden in plain site. An excelent cozy little family restaurant. Perfect service, fabulous local food, more than decent prices. This place is a must visit if you're in the area. For me and my family Knossos Taverna is an addiction _ we always come back if we're in Crete.

1  Thank NICK G