“overall okey”

Blue Lagoon
Ranked #129 of 147 Restaurants in Agios Nikolaos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The BLUE LAGOON restaurant is next to the Lake of Agios Nikolaos. The food and service were both excellent on our trip in May 2010 and others may like to try.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I will write this as helpfull as I can based on my 1 visit:

- Welcome was nice, not too pushy. They would like to know a bit about who you are.
- House white wine was really okey to the price
- Appetizer (humus) was not really good. Much too oily and tasteless, and the pitabread was a bit dry
- Main course's (Chicken in wine and Chicken in cremesauce) was good. Chicken maybe a bit overcooked but nothing serious. Cremesaucev was so good and tasty
- Location was cozy with peace and quietness
- The price was okey, but not at all the cheapest I have had here in Crete

To sum up:
Go there for the location, the service if you like to chit chat with the waither, and if you don't expect it to be a 5-stared goumet restaurant.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We arrived here for brunch. The menu was shown and told he guaranteed the food as if not happy, we would not have to pay. We thought it must be ok. We ordered cheese and pineapple toasty (as non meat eater) plus lemon and sugar pancake'S as on the menu plus drinks. The sandwich arrived with ham in to which we complained and one small pancake arrived. Drinks were as ordered. The sandwich was sent back but to my horror it still had traces of meat inside. The bill arrived and the one pancake cost €6.50 and did not taste that nice. This was so over priced service was slow and I complained about still having meat in the sandwich. He offered a
drink but just wanted to leave. Paid and left quickly never to return

2  Thank DawnGardner
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had the chance to have a lunch in this restaurant when I was in Agios Nikolaos some days ago.
The overall food quality was high enough and everything was cooked well. However it was more expensive than anticipated in a Greece that is in recession. I was expecting better prices and when i made this comment to the waiter, he said that "come and we will serve you something for free". This was a big lie as they never served us even some fruit that is usual for this type pf restaurants.

1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We visited Agios Nikolaos on a rainy afternoon and dived in here to feed our toddler and enjoy a beer and a starter. I would really not recommend it at all. This is the only restaurant of all the ones we went to during our week's stay that did not serve our beer in a cold glass and while that might sound trivial I think it absolutely sums up the lack of attention and quality here. My son had fishfingers and chips and it was clearly all frozen which I guess is fine but my husband and I are supremely greedy individuals who love our food and it is not often that we leave food unless it is quite frankly not worth eating and our stringy, slightly soggy calamari did not get finished and on getting in the car I actually commented that I hoped we didn't get food poisoning - we didn't and quite frankly that is the most positive thing I can say. Avoid. Friendly service but grim food.

1  Thank sammybones
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate there, as many others, to sit next to the lake. We have eaten at other restaurants there before and had no problems. Unfortunately we chose Blue Lagoon this time. My grilled prawns were served round some soggy greens, and most of the shells were completely empty. Looked attractive enough on the plate, but nothing to eat in them. My wife had Lamb Kleftiko, and after a long story about the dish, what was delivered was a very small amount of gristly lamb with a lot of bone and gristle. On mentioning this to the waiter/owner, his response was that he could not understand how this could have happened. Did we want some more! By now, all we wanted to do was to leave! Oh yes, and the price was way too high for what they delivered.

1  Thank Ron D