A family group of 7 stayed for 2 weeks. We had a lovely time once we got to the hotel.
As with previous reviews, please don't expect a short transfer from the airport - our coach waited for an hour and a half before it even left the airport! Location of the hotel ideally needs a car although the bus stop is directly outside the hotel. Tip with the bus service - if you don't purchase advance tickets, generally there is a taxi waiting for a return fare for 6 euros (cheaper than the bus fare for a group). Elena in the shop on site is extremely helpful especially with the purchase of bus tickets.
The room was spacious but there was an extreme lack of plug sockets for phone, camera, kettle and TV! Take an extension lead!!
Drinks are as you would expect and queues were very long in the main bar but George was lovely! My only gripe was being told we could only have 2 drinks when it was busy but there were 5 of us in the family meaning 3 trips to the bar!!
The food was standard for an All Inclusive hotel although very repetitive after 2 weeks. The gourmet restaurant was a nightmare - service was appalling and the wine was not free! Not worth the effort! We couldn't work out what the restaurant manager did as all he did was stand around and tell the kids off!
The animation team were fantastic! Timea in the kids club was tireless and couldn't do enough for the children! We found the whole team were brilliant and always stop for a chat!
The beach is small and rocky but most are in Eastern Crete. However just down the road - 3 bus stops - is Golden Beach and that is like a tropical haven! Just nearby is the pool bar where the kids can swim whilst the adults can drink with a fabulous view to the beach.
Walking towards Agios Nikolaos from the hotel there is a fabulous restaurant on Ammoudara beach with a few kids toys - food fab, staff fab, kids entertained!
We would happily return to this hotel but would definitely hire a car from the airport and drive ourselves as the only bad thing was the transfers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Marine Resort & Spa is located 6km from Aghios Nikolaos in the prefecture of Lassithi nearby the blue clear waters of Ammoudara beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue Marine Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Marine Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Blue Marine Resort And Spa
- Blue Marine Resort & Spa Crete/Agios Nikolaos