“Wonderful food with a beautiful view”

Migomis Piano Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 189 Restaurants in Agios Nikolaos
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Migomis piano restaurant has been the favorite spot for locals, celebrities and visitors, with a breathtaking vista of the lake. Constructed in a historical 1890’s building, the restaurant is located on the edge of the cliff directly above the cosmopolitan town of Agios Nikolaos. Key ingredients to the success of Migomis are the elegantly timeless and classy decoration, efficient service, top quality international cuisine and an endless list of wines from all over the world. The virtuoso pianist complements the atmospheric charm with melodies from the international repertoire on a daily basis. Open from early April until late October.
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal here as a group of 11 including two small children. Warm, friendly service as we arrived helping us to choose a suitable wine for everyone and the birthday girl. The view is absolutely stunning! Lovely selection of food there were so many I wanted to try! I’ve included some pictures of the scallops with a pea nutty sauce, mussels, lovely prawn linguine with a Parmesan foam and the beef fillet which was cooked very well. Recommend all and the house salad of pesto, mozzarella, tomatoes, salad leaves and avacardo also. Very pricey but worth the food and a special place to go perhaps for a birthday or a change from the other similar menus there.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here with my wife and my daughter. Delicious food and warm service. I had the grouper fillet wich was very well done with vegetables and my wife a wonderfull lamb filet. Dessert with millefoglie and Chardonney from greece as wine. Very well presented and serviced. Thanks

Reviewed August 16, 2018

You can't go wrong with Migomis in the downtown of Agios Nikolaus. A family friendly restaurant with an amazing piano player and a terrace which overlooks the beautiful bay of Agios Nikolaus. It is a bit more pricey as it is an upmarket restaurant as apposed to a local cafe and really is more expensive then the other restaurants here but you do get the quality and very attentive service. For a special occasion you can't go wrong by choosing Migomis a real local legend.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

One of the most romantic restaurant we have ever visited. Without reservation we were welcomed from the friendly staff and got table on the terrace. Magic view on the lake. Food was perfect, staff and service was extremely friendly and perfect. Wide variety of cretan wines. Piano music was silent and enjoying. On exit I was introduced to owner, mr. Migomis exchanging couple of friendly words and photo. Do not miss this taverna if visit Agios Nikolaus

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Many good and many bad things occurred during the night.
Good features:
1. Pianist was a great company during the night
2. Service took good care of us during the whole night
3. The starter and the desert were amazing - mussels and creme brulle
Negative features:
1. The charge for the couvert per person was almost 3 euros. Couvert is not charged per person but for a table or per a group of 3-4 people. It’s not a matter of the 3 euros rather than the ignorance of this high standard restaurant
2. We started our night with 2 glasses of prosecco - the charge per glass was 9 euros UNBELIEVABLE! I’ve been in many restaurants in my life and this was by far the highest charge I’ve seen...
3. The watermelon risotto was one of the worst dishes I’ve eaten in my life - it was a combination of raw rice and something like a bad sweet and sour canned sauce with cheese - honestly I would highly recommend to remove this dish from the menu as I barely managed to eat a few bites from this dish.
On the other hand, my partners mushroom risotto was well cooked however it was quite heavy for both of us for dinner