“Noisiest family hotel in my 3 nights in Peloponnese- worst night.”
Review of Pan Hotel

Pan Hotel
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Delphi
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Delphi is the third city I spent a night in the Pelopnesse. City is very small with many hotels in the main city street. I had a nice mountain view;, room was very nice; HOWEVER, the room was not soundproof - my husband and I kept waking up from other people slamming their doors, noises like they were pulling things and banging against the wall. It felt like the door in my room was wide open. We complained about the noise but hotel personnel would not do anything about it. Not only did the noise come from other people who arrived at 12:30 in the morning, there was a noise from the circuit breaker (that is what I call the box on the wall and where I believe the noise is coming from) and it made a couple of clicking noise every 10 min. The first time I heard it, I got up thinking my child is turning on the malfunctioning light in the bathroom like 10 times. Then later on, I thought someone broke in to the room to steal my things and they were switching the light so they could find my money. The AC was not cold enough to cool the room, but by nighttime, the outside temperature was cool enough. Then, the AC condensation leaked and got some of our clothes / things wet. The room/hotel is nice but my sleep was so poor that I am not coming back to this hotel. I don't recommend this hotel. Hotels need to understand that customers need a good night's sleep. I want to be well rested for next day's hike in the ruins in the heat. Not sleepy with a headache and hangover.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lily32706
There are newer reviews for Pan Hotel

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The Good:
- Central modern Delphi
- Owner/manager friendly and helpful
- Easily walking distance to ruins (even in summer!)
- Nice view if you get the right side of hotel

The Bad:
- It's on the main road out of town so is a bit noisy
- Shower was awkward. Small and awkward

The Ugly:
- Even Clint Eastwood couldn't find anything ugly about Pan Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Ramenmuncher
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I did like my stay here the view was stunning and the room very pretty and clean, the only complaint I have is that after I got rained on (soaked to the bone) and the hotel didn't have a clothes dryer I could use and the hairdryer was borderline useless. More of an annoyance than a complaint. The people there however were delightful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LittleRunner168
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I loved the layout of this hotel and location in the center of town, walk to shops and the disco at night. We had a room with an inner balcony to an upper level courtyard. Even though there was no view for this interior room it was nice to be able to step out on to a balcony in the morning to check the weather and get some fresh air. The rooms were clean. This hotel felt very safe. The staff were warm and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't think you need to pay for a view if you want to save the money. Just get an interior bal...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank RubySlippers123
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our tour in Greece began in Delphi at this hotel for one nigh. It is a basic hotel but very clean. Some rooms have a balcony facing to the valley. The owner is very charm guy, ready to help in an every issue. Breakfast is served to the table. The yogurt was fresh with an excellent taste. Worth any euro for the less than 50 euro we paid for. Some pictures are enclosed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacob51
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This May we stayed this hotel for 1 night. This hotel is located on the main street, about 500m from the bus stop. We booked the standard room facing the street but because it was low season, we were given a room facing the valley free of additional charge. It had an amazing view especially in the morning sitting on the balcony.
The breakfast had sites facing to the valley where we sat and could see the bay far away. The breakfast was served to the table. The owner was a nice man remaining me a British gentleman. He served us the breakfast.
Given the price we paid, it was a good bargain comparing these hotels in Athens, Rome or Paris

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lifetraveller123
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Pan Hotel for one night in May 2013.
The rooms were basic but clean and the service was very good.
The view from the balcony was beautiful over the valley.
The wifi in the room was pretty good and excellent in the lobby.
The breakfast was good with boiled eggs and ham on toast as well as cereals, spreads and juice to choose from.
The hotel was about a 10-15 minute walk to the archeological site or a 2 minute drive. We managed to get a park outside the hotel which was very convenient.
Overall, it was a pleasant overnight stay and good value at less than €50.

• Stayed: May 2013