“Beautiful balcony, basic room”
Review of Olympic Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Delphi
Olympic Hotel
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Delphi
New York
“Beautiful balcony, basic room”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My friends and I stayed here. We enjoyed the balcony and the view from there. We booked a triple room which was literally three twin beds in a row across the room. It was a little ridiculous as it was hard to walk around the room with all three beds (they basically just brought a bed in from another room). However, we were happy they were able to accommodate three people. The breakfast was basic. The location was great and we could walk to restaurants and around the town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was travelling with my 12 year old daughter and we stayed for a night at the hotel and were very pleased with it. The owner spoke excellent English and was friendly and helpful.The room was fairly large and clean and the beds were comfortable. Although the hotel is further away from the bus stop than many of the other hotels, it is worth the walk because it hangs over a ravine which gives a great view. In fact, the best thing about the accommodation was the generous balcony with table and chairs and the stunning view over the Gulf of Corinth. The breakfast was included in the price and it was adequate - there was plenty to eat including a hard boiled egg, cheese, yogurt and honey etc, We were able to leave our bags while we went to see the Delphi site and then return for them later.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Plus side - lovely room, linen, vg breakfast, balcony, bathroom could have been a good experience.
Down side - the boss is a market-trader and thought I was a single woman he could trick. I asked for a deal because I am staying longtime - he gave me an ok price which he called a special deal. I was told they dont take cards, cash only.I found on internet I was paying the same as a one night stay ! When I asked for a lower price for week 2 he refused. I then saw on internet I would be paying more than short stay guests. He then called for his wife to back him and tried to manipulate me oppressively while wife laughed theatrically at my points. He told me the info on travelrepublic and booking.com was out of date etc .A lie. I told him I was leaving and went to my room. 10pm he was banging on my door.
Meanwhile someone else was paying by card !

Lounge foyer full of smoke, blaring tv.

woman.

Room Tip: There are better places along the road
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Delphi hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We booked this at the last minute and were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious with a great view off of our little balcony. Location was right in the middle of town. Bed was a little hard, but sheets were clean. Bathroom was really small with a little shower - you got water all over when showering as the curtain did not go all the way to the bottom of the shower stall. Breakfast was OK - yogurt, breads and cheeses and meat with coffee. The lobby was cozy with couches and television. Overall, it was OK, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and had a GREAT view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at Olympic Hotel for one night for a good rate out of peak season.
Great Location, Not bad continental breakfast, great views from our basic but comfortable room. No hot water in shower.

Not bad hotel for one night in Delphi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Butterflygirl54
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just an ok, clean hotel offering great view. Rooms have old but stylish furniture. Wifi was not working and breakfast was basic. Owners were friendly and helpful. No cafe working in the hotel so if you want to have one in your rooms you gotta buy it from outside.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank papamaster10
Astoria, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night while on a week long classical Greece tour in June 2011.

I'm reading a lot of people are complaining of the staff and owner being rude and unhelpful. We did not experience this though we were apart of a group tour. One thing that was a little unsettling was that everyone had to leave their room keys at the front desk when we wanted to leave the hotel. That's just weird.

The lobby feels more like a living room, warm and inviting with the comfy couches and fireplace. The accommodations are much more basic but functional and clean. Bedding could be a little more comfortable but it is adequate and the sheets are clean. Our room had another tiny room by the window that was partitioned off by a curtain and had two small beds for children. It would have been a nice place to read or enjoy the breeze though I don't think most rooms have this section. There was a small balcony with great views looking down the mountain over the olive groves, nearby towns, and the sea. However, I had to climb through the window to get the good view! We were placed on a lower level of the building so the view is partially blocked by rooftops. But I believe the higher floors have excellent views and don't have to climb a window to get to the balcony. Take a walk down the street for the best pictures, anyway. I can't remember what the bathroom was like but I think it was clean.

Meals are served in the small dining room. The comp breakfast was a bit limited in selection though perhaps not for a hotel this size. What they did have was pretty yummy though.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple