“disgusted”
Review of Olympic Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Delphi
Olympic Hotel
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Delphi
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Accomadation was fine.Very disappointed with the rude & persistant owners as they tried as hard as they could to make us pay twice. We had already paid through expedia.com.au through our travel agency and said she had not received payment and always has trouble with expedia. She refused to look through any of her records for confirmation of booking which we thought was very strange and kept insisting that we had to pay again, when the money had already been deducted from the card. After 20 minutes of trying to negotiate with her & her foul talking daughter on the phone she finally produced her records, which we had to look through ourselves and point out our receipt of payment. We walked out disgusted. While we where there she was doing the same to another family. Will not be staying here again and our travel agent will not be bringing his tour groups here either. For your information Hotel Olympic & Olympic Hotel according to tripadvisor are the same hotel with 2 different addresses, a bit strange

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank olga b

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed at this accommodation in October on the top floor with views to the valley and beyond to the sea from the balcony. The staff were hospitable, however breakfast was a little light on in terms of choices. Rooms were clean as were the toilets and shower. There were many other hotels in the main street, and if not for the views, would have been other options for accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phil S
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Excellenet small family owned hotel. This hotel is very clean and well maintained. The owner and staff were very friendly and helpful. We asked for a nice place to have dinner and the owner suggested a restaurant just a few doors down from the hotel that was just wonderful, with delicious food and more great views from the dining patio. The hotel lobby area is charming and homey, the rooms are basic but have everything necessary for comfort. The views off the balcony are absolutely gorgeous looking down the mountain and out to the sea.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear of the hotel as these have balconies overlo
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed here for one night because I missed my bus, and it was close to the bus station. I had previously spent the other nights at a hotel further from the bus station, and did not feel like carrying my luggage all the way back.

The hotel is OK, with spacious rooms that are nicely furnished. Everything was clean, but the mattress was not comfortable.

What I found odd was that the staff/owner seemed grouchy/unhappy, and did not want to engage in any friendly banter. Also, after I checked out, but was still waiting for my bus, they wanted to charge me 2 euros an hour for sitting in the lobby/living room and surfing the net. It just seemed a little trivial, given that I was a guest at the hotel (and my room came with free wifi -- the same connection/signal as in the lobby.) The owner told me that the "company" called him and told him that he had to charge me 2 euros an hour. I'm not sure if this can be true, since anyone in the lobby can pick up the signal, and there is no sign-on screen etc. And when I asked to use the WC, they seemed to agree only grudgingly. I don't think I did anything wrong or damaged anything, so the behavior of the owner just seemed very odd.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Keat_Siang73
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I visited Olympia 15 years ago and came back, what a good choice again.
Our room had a gorgeous view, it didn`t change at all in all those years.
The hotel is basic, but very clean and we had a good breakfast.
We will tell our friends.

Room Tip: Room at the backside, first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2011

this hotel even smells great! A vanilla aroma greets you as you go to your room. Very clean and appears to be recently updated. Has an exceptional continental breakfast. Family run and they are very friendly and gracious. Felt like a guest in their home. Especially enjoyed talking with the Greek owner in the "living room" like front lobby. Wish we had spent more time in delphi!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2011

In small Greek hotels showers are often poor. At the Olympic they are unusable by anyone over 175 lbs. The sleeping quarters were merely adequate but provided a wonderful view all the way down to the Gulf of Coronth. Decent buffet breakfast.
Payment was required in cash although booking info advised otherwise.
My recommendation comes with several caveats

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple