“hotel review”

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Delphi
Tweed Heads, Australia
“hotel review”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

as we were booked into 1st class hotels on our trip we were very dissapointed to get to this hotel. a bit of a dump as wires from power points were showing, carpet dirty and worn in all parts of hotel, screws in floor protruding from floorboards. Dinner was not up to expectation and service was very average. Breakfast was no better and staff were very unfriendly. Better places to stay than this one.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank julie k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The hotel is outdated and the service did not come with a smile. The one redeeming feature was the stunning views, but Delphi itself is on a cliff so I'm pretty sure there would be similar views from most hotels in the area.
The breakfast buffet was the worst I've had.
My recommendation is to try somewhere else in town.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Natalee R

Travelers are raving about these Delphi hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The most amazing view and sitting area in this hotel. The meals that are included aren't that great, but the location is great, the view is amazing, and the rooms were pretty good.
There's a pool there too, the bathrooms are a bit strange but still okay...

Room Tip: Get one with a view off the mountain, and preferably high up. it's breathtaking!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Argentina
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The hotel´s location is just great, at the entrance of Delphi. Very easy to be found as this city is small and you can get an accurate answer if you ask for an address.
Our room view was magnificent and has a good parking place. It seems to had been a very luxurious hotel in the past but nowadays needs manteinance so you might found out that there are facilities that do not work properly (e.g. no hot water in peak hours). Nevertherless, the bedroom was clean and we had a pleasant sleep.
The breakfast was adequate.
The other thing to be pointed out is the extremely polite and helpful recepcionist who went beyond her responsabilities to make our stay the best it could be.
It is around 10 minutes walk from the archeological site which is absolutely beautiful.

There is wi-fi connection in the entire hotel and it is very reliable.

Although it was not an issue for us, it is important to highlight that there is no elevator, so it might be an inconvenience for some people.

Take into account that the balcony door can be opened in two different positions, so do not think they are broken.

Room Tip: Considering the lack of elevator, you might want to book for a room in one of the lowest floors.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nicomonty
Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here in September 2011 for my first trip to Europe and I absolutely loved it. It was part of a Trafalgar tour so I did not get to choose the hotel, but it was my favourite one throughout the whole trip. What I loved were the AMAZING views, I have never experienced views so beautiful in all of my life. It absolutely took my breath away. I also loved the architecture and atmosphere of the hotel. It was rich and old looking, in fact it almost reminded me of a gorgeous, haunted mansion, which I found quite charming.

I didn't love the food, but then again I expect to have average food at hotels around this price range. The bedrooms were small, but this wasn't too much of a problem. The beds however, were tiny and uncomfortable, I slept awfully on them, but that's possibly because I'm quite sensitive to my sleeping arrangements. Also I don't think there was any air conditioning or heating. It was incredibly hot during the night, but I opened the windows to let some air through so that made the night a little easier to bear.

Despite all this I still loved this place. Call me crazy but I would consider coming to Greece again purely to stay here, that's how much I loved the views and atmosphere. My other family members unfortunately did not share my enthusiasm, but to each their own!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nushethi
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 8, 2012

You arrive at this very nondescript place with pretty low expectations. And, then you meet Panos. He is the owner/manager of the hotel and a restaurant down the street. Once you get to know him, you forget the tiredness of the rooms. This place has the most unbelievable views. We had dinner at the hotel one night and the food was very good, the staff couldn't be more friendly. We were invited to join him for a Greek wedding. We told him we wanted to hike the E4. His brother-in-law took us on an unforgettable 7 mile journey, with a fabulous picnic at a farmhouse midway through our trek. We met local farmers along the way. Panos and his staff do an amazing job to make you feel welcome. Hopefully, they can upgrade the hotel to match the wonderful hospitality we experienced.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank madagee
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2011

The setting of the hotel is magnificent - a view over a sea of olive trees which meets the real sea in the far distance. And the exterior of the hotel is interesting architecturally. Good parking space. Badly signposted so the hotel is difficult to find.

So you can imagine the disappointment to find the interior to be run down and slightly seedy. This is carried through into the bedrooms and public rooms where bits of things don't work - like a tap or a bedside lamp or a drawer that sticks every time. It needs a good clean, a paint job throughout, and a complete refurbishment of fixtures and fittings.

We didn't use the restaurant or swimming pool - but they are there. Breakfast was good.

Reception staff were very pleasant and helpful - though we noticed their exasperation when we kept coming to them with 'bits' that needed fixing; they knew what was wrong with the place and were resigned to complaints. Clearly the owners/managers are not focussed on their property.

None of this would be really important were it a cheap rate - but 100 euros a night for a room is not cheap. We expected more.

About 20 minutes drive from the archeological site.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends