All reviews his wife gift shop the owner yogurt warm bread owners george sour cherry amazing hosts local bakery one night small balcony the main street homemade jams wonderful stay no elevator restaurant recommendations next morning
Selected filters
Reviewed February 10, 2019

This place was a pleasant surprise. We stayed in a triple room, and I was a little apprehensive as it is located above a gift shop (same owners as the hotel - you check in with them in the shop), and right on the main drag in town. Happily, the windows in our room kept out all noise, and we had a peaceful night. It was fun to be right in the heart of town, and we even had a small balcony to soak up some of the atmosphere. Street parking was free, and shockingly easy to find right in front of the hotel. There was also a good restaurant directly across the street that provided a great meal with stunning views of mountains, valley and sea from it's cliff-side perch.

The owners here are very friendly, offering helpful suggestions of how to make the most of our time, and even insisting on carrying our bags up to our room. A nice breakfast is provided in the morning - more than enough to fuel your exploration of the ruins.

The only downside to this place, and the reason I took my grade down a notch, were the extremely poor mattresses. You knew you were in trouble the instant you stretched out on one. We made it through the night with only minor back issues in the morning, but I was relieved we were only staying the lone night as I'm sure I would have had problems with another night's stay. If they rectify that situation, I would happily give this place full marks. And even in spite of that, I'd still stay here again - great value for the price.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank dixiedmutt
Georgepitho, Owner at Pitho Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2019

Hello
This is George and Vicky from Delphi Pitho.
Thank you very much staying in our family hotel and for your good things that you said about us.
We always respect the opinions of our gests even that some things sould be told at the check
out and not after seven months.
Our mattress are new and many of our visitors are all ready injoyed our beds and also they ask to know about it
(the brand).
Now if some one has a back problems needs an orthopedic one which is very hard mattress and the 98% doesn't
like it.The most of the hotels has anatomic medium and we are very sorry that we could not cover you.
We hope to see you again!!

Reviewed November 7, 2018

The host is very enthusiastic, room is cosy and good, very reasonably priced, location is great in a very vibrant shopping and food area, very accessible to other parts and for sight seeing. clean and functional room. breakfast was reasonably good

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 1 night during our visit to Delphi. George was a very hospitable host, welcoming us even with our late arrival past midnight! His breakfast the following morning was delicious, with homemade jams & jellies and his recommendation for dinner midway on our drive to Mt Olympus in Nafpaktos was spot-on. We definitely recommend a stay at Hotel Pithos!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights whilst travelling in Greece and I have to say that I can heartily recommend this hotel to anyone.

The rooms are spotlessly clean, the beds are really comfy (compared to the other places we have stayed) and the breakfast was the best that we have had on our travels (George’s mother-in-Law’s sour cherries are to die for).

George is a wonderful host and you are made to feel so welcome.

I’d definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel and were not disappointed!
The location was in the center of town and George met us st the door and Vivky’s delicacies were delicious at breakfast. It is a short walk to the Ruins
And their recommendations on dinner was spot on. The room was very clean. Highly recommend this place

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple