“Good food here”

Ranked #12 of 26 Restaurants in Delphi
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 6, 2019

I got one of their fixed meals for 10 Euros yesterday. It came with a small plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce and shredded cheese, fresh Greek salad, the main plate with a pork chop and french fries, and some fruit covered in Honey for dessert. I liked all of it and I thought it was a good value.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

As other reviewers have said this is a very simple, typical Greek taverna. The food is wholesome Greek comfort food and classic Greek dishes. The menu is quite small - mousaka, souvlaki, kefides, all delicious. I had the bean soup which was delicious. The serving size was generous and prices all under €10. It was a family operated restaurant, so there was just one serve (Mum?) and one cook.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

Popped along for dinner on a Saturday evening based on the TripAdvisor reviews.

I was aware that it was a low budget basic Greek home-cooked style restaurant, and I wasn’t expecting Michelin starred cuisine. However, the word “delicious” cropped up in so many of the previous reviews that I was expecting something ... well ... delicious !

What I got was certainly not delicious.

I ordered the souvlaki for main course and was given a single skewer of chewy bland meat and about a dozen soggy chips. This was by far the worst meal I’d had in my two days in Delphi.

Was it cheap ? Well yes, I guess it was. 17 Euros for two courses & a carafe of house white wine (they didn’t have any red !). However, I’d had a similar sized meal at Taverna Dion for lunch and paid 19 Euros. That lunch had indeed been delicious.

There wasn’t even an excuse that they were really busy. There was only one other diner in there for the duration of my visit, whilst other nearby places were quite full (which might explain a few things).

My recommendation ... spend 2 Euros more and get a properly delicious Greek cuisine meal at Taverna Dion.

Maybe I just caught it on a bad evening ?

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Andystorr
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Real Greek tavern, specialists on traditional BBQ. Generous quantities and fast service. Recommended. If you plan local dining that's a good option. Please be advised by a local, the map shows the tavern in wrong place.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Very good authentic food. Beware that the TripAdvisor location is incorrect. The restaurant is at the opposite end of town, probably the furthest west in town. Ask a local to find this amazing restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018