My wife and I visited for a short honeymoon break after our wedding last year, to be honest we left a little disappointed and feel the wider reviews overplay how wonderful the place really is. To be fair the stay was v expensive and was our honeymoon so our expectations were high (and we were reassured by the reviews).
Where we were left a little underwhelmed:
- the location is hardly paradise. To be clear the apartments are contained within a small walled complex about 5 mins walk from the coast. There are no views from the apartments outside the complex (we had hoped of beautiful mountain views or perhaps overlooking the sea). To be honest though the immediate surrounding area is hardly the most picturesque in Crete, anyway. there is a disappointing amount of new builds and sites under construction between the main road and the coast, there is vey little authentic about the immediate area. A short trip up the coast also brings a depressing dose of brits abroad bars and hotels, which weren't what we envisaged either.
- the service was hugely attentive and Eleni and the team obviously work hard to make sure guests are well looked after - nothing is too much trouble (e.g. arranged vehicle hire on our behalf with very little fuss and paper work and reasonable cost). However, at times with so few guests in the complex, the level of attentiveness became a little intrusive.
- the hotel menu wasn't overly inspiring - a little too american at times, which left us yearning for more authentic fare.
- finally the spec of the apartments also seemed a little too british suburban new build. it was nice to have a private pool, but to be honest we expected more style or character given boutique hotel marketing
Sorry to be slightly out of kilter with wider reviews but if you are looking for something more authentic or characterful, this place may disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Island Villas is a unique family run Boutique Villa Hotel, a complex of just 12 stylish luxury villas. Discreetly tucked away in the coastal town of Anissaras, Paradise Island Villas lies just 2km from the cosmopolitan town of Hersonissos and 23km from Heraklion's airport, yet it could be a world away. Within the lush landscaped grounds, the purity and silence of the air creates a fitting ambience for a collection of 12 individually designed elegant villas, each with its own private grounds and heated pools with jets. Paradise Island Villas is an island experience to savour; combining elegant and luxury villas with the charm of a 5 star boutique hotel, this hillside location looks out to superb sea and mountain views. Each villa is the epitome of comfort with chic, ethnic furnishings and luxurious amenities such as well as private pools, Jacuzzis and gardens. With its elegant country chic aesthetic, its distinctive Mediterranean architecture, versatile services, and respect for natural material, Paradise Island Villas unfolds as an unparalleled holiday experience to its guests. Featuring individually designed villas with private pools and garden, a lounge poolside bar, bistro/restaurant, two main outdoor pools, a fitness room, a tennis court, we excel at offering the complete island indulgence package. Our dedication to high hospitality standards has created a warm and chic environment, making Paradise Island Villas the perfect destination for relaxation and rejuvenation for couples, groups and families! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Paradise Island Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Villas Hotel Chersonisos
- Paradise Island Hotel
- Paradise Island Villas Crete/Anissaras, Greece