3,075 results
All reviews champagne bar sushi night bar a la carte restaurants crepes main restaurant cretan restaurant beautiful hotel blue domes booking system salt water main pool ice cream golf buggy days in advance pool bar our favourite
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First impressions were mixed but over the course of our stay we fell in love with Mitsis Laguna.

The chefs are fabulous especially with food allergies. Marinos in the buffet restaurant always went out of his way to help and even made us our own gluten free pizzas one lunchtime and they honestly were the best GF we’ve ever had.

The hotel is beautiful, so clean, the team work hard to keep it sparkling. The bar staff vary in friendliness/helpfulness but Dimitris was particularly good, talked to the kids & adults and was always smiling.

The Cretan restaurant looked after our GF needs, we didn’t go to the others as their menus weren’t as good for GF but we didn’t mind as the team in the Cretan were so good.

Olga on guest relations was an absolute star and really went out of her way to help.

Only downside for us was it’s in the middle of nowhere really, you can’t walk to anything except the beach & supermarket and the agent we used to book made it sound like it was in a village type area with things to walk to - we weren’t the only guests to believe this.

I would return but maybe for just 7 days and not with our 12 year old son, nothing much for his age group but for couples or those with little ones looking for a beautiful AI resort and not wanting to go far, I would highly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
MitsisLaguna M, Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa Team at Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear JayneH503,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa. We really appreciate it! We are delighted to see that you are happy with your stay here and thank you for the kind comments about our staff. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our property.

Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I want to start by saying that this is a beautiful hotel with beautiful staff but unfortunately for me this was not a 5 star hotel.

What I am going to say I hope is taken as constructive and not negative.

The entrance and the main lobby of the hotel is stunning and definitely makes the hotel feel 5 star when first entering.

The Rooms:
I was fortunate enough to stay in 2 different rooms.
Originally I was in a room near the moat/river that runs around some of the rooms but after 3 days of being eaten alive by mosquitoes I asked to move to a room away from the water, and within 30 minutes I was taken to a different room. Great customer service!!
They are stunning, clean and beautifully designed rooms and in keeping with the Greek/Crete feel.
However, the bathrooms are very badly designed. Everyday I took I shower it completely flooded the bathroom (in both rooms). No amount of bath mats or towels could stop the water getting everywhere, which can be dangerous on a tiled floor.
A lot of the furniture has bits of paint missing, and things just look a little unfinished.
Plus the extra beds/sofas were all ripped underneath and should be replaced. I just feel like it could do with a freshen up which is obviously difficult in a busy booked hotel.
On a big plus side, the FREE minibar was restocked everyday and I took full advantage of it, great touch to the rooms.

The Food:
Really great selection everyday!! And your pastry chef deserves a raise as the desserts were amazing!!
Unfortunately though the meat and fish always seemed to be over cooked and the rice was always undercooked.

The Staff:
Everyone is attentive, smiling and so helpful.
Special recognition to Peggy welcoming in the guests to breakfast, lunch and dinner with a beautiful smile everyday.
Also, the house keepers. Christiana was lovely and always said hello with a beautiful smile when I was back and forth from my room. I don’t believe that the house keepers get the recognition that they deserve!!

Location:
Unfortunately this is something the hotel can’t do anything about but there is not much around the hotel.
Hersonissos is a 10min taxi or 50min walk.
However, the hotel does have pretty much everything you need.
A little shop selling everything from cigarettes, gifts, inflatables to mosquito bite relief, to a beautiful spa.

Conclusion:
I got from this holiday exactly what I wanted, which was laying on a sunbed, with my book and Pina Colada for 8 days.
But for the price I paid and the expectations I had, I felt like there were too many imperfections for a 5 star hotel.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank thehonesttraveller33
MitsisLaguna M, The Mitsis Laguna resort and spa team at Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear thehonesttraveller33

We thank you for your detailed review and your comments. We wish to see you in future again. Once more thank you for staying with us in our Mitsis Laguna resort and spa.

With kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Gastronomy was excellent, the room was big and every day it were clean. Staff was very nice, smile and sing. Beach= sand, sunbeds, wind, rocks in water. There were two large exteror pools with salt water.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mirela345
MitsisLaguna M, Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa Team at Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mirela345,

Thank you very much for visiting our Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa for your holidays. We really appreciate your nice comments about our staff and our gastronomy. Thank you so much! We would like to welcome you again in the near future.

Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve just had a week at the Laguna resort, all in all I can say I’m a little disappointed. I’ve travelled a lot and stayed at a lot of resorts around the world, Greek islands being my favourite place to always come back to however this is certainly not a 5-star hotel.

Cleanliness and condition of the rooms - I’ve stayed at 3 stars that have been cleaner and better quality, we had 2 rooms between the family shared family bungalow and sea view bungalow. The family room was nothing special, the mirror had rusted away, The over bath shower was an extremely confined space I’m not sure how some people successfully manage to shower in there and it also didn’t stay up high enough for you to be able to do anything. Both rooms were unpleasantly dirty when we arrived, hair of all kinds everywhere, squished bugs on the wall, the seals in the bathroom were very cracked and turning orange, this remained the case in both rooms for the whole stay so I’m not sure what the cleaning process is.

Dining, The A La Cartes definitely save this place, lovely food and calm atmosphere, the welcome treats are always a nice surprise when you get there. bookings abit of a nightmare, all tables were gone by 00:01 so you had to be super quick.

The buffet restaurant, food quality and variety was extremely poor from what I’ve experienced in other 5-star all inclusive hotels, the whole process just seems like a school canteen and not a relaxed restaurant experience. We ended up avoiding breakfast every morning as it just wasn’t a pleasant experience, way too busy and crowded and the food really wasn’t anything to jump about and go through that much stress for, we just got an early morning wrap or toastie from the pool bar to keep us going until lunch.

The bars were all brilliant, night bar being our favourite and the staff were all super lovely, theatre pool bar in the day for drinks was also great.

The pools were great, always sun beds available until late afternoon so you didn’t need to worry about reserving them. However accessibility wasn’t great, we stayed round the quieter pool by the shared pool rooms and there were only 2 steps to get out of the pool which were broken and when you stood on them you thought they were going to come out the ground and fall back in!(unless they’re meant to be like this?) I noticed a lot of people walking all the way from the other side of the pool just to be able to use some steps, even just one more set of steps on the other side of the pool would be ideal.

The staff really make this hotel, had it not been for them I really don’t think I’d have enjoyed this hotel as much, so they are certainly a credit to this hotel, they do go above and beyond for you.

All in all a very nice hotel, not worthy of its 5-star rating however. Amazing staff, and a beautiful building, I can see this place being a little nightmareish in high season, as it still seemed rather busy during our stay. A little disappointed but thank you for a nice stay Mitsis :)

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear HolidayTLou.

We thank you for staying with us in our Mitsis Laguna resort and spa . Your comments are appreciated and under consideration. We thank you once more and we wish you a nice evening.

With kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this hotel 9th September the hotel is stunning both inside and out the rooms are spacious and everything is spotlessly clean the staff are all friendly and greet to with a smile especially Peggy who works in the restaurant always a big welcoming smile and a lovely nature the food is great and cooked to perfection would highly recommend the Italian and Mexican al la cate will definitely be coming back

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mdjhg67

Dear mdjhg67,

Thank you so much for coming to our Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa for your holidays. We are excited to see that you have enjoyed our staff services and our restaurants. We would like to have you as our guests again in near future.

Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa