“Nice food but ovrpriced place with really...”
Review of Tony Bonanno

Tony Bonanno
Ranked #124 of 317 Restaurants in Piraeus
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Nice food but ovrpriced place with really...”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Nice food but ovrpriced place with really bad service. Waiters seem annoyed from you being there and the maitre treats customers like trash. Have been there many times only because of bussiness meetings, would never visit on my own. Bad bad service and attitude

2 Thank iMuse

• Greek first
PIraeus
“Great atmosphere but such poor taste”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

we live in Piraeus and we visited Tony Bonanno last Friday for the second time because the atmosphere of the place is really nice.The food they serve though is of mediocre to bad taste. One of us got the risotto that was one of the special dishes of the day . it was so salty that you could bearly touch it. The rest of our dishes were so mediocre that any person could make a better italian dish at home. All the waiters were passing and looking at our untouched plates and nobody asked if there was something wrong with our food. When we told them that the risotto was so salty that they should never have taken it out of the kitchen the waiter told us that some people do not like risotto. Being of italian origin I can say that yes we do like risotto. We payed for this awfull dish as they didnt excluded from the bill but we will never go back there again. This restaurant apart from the beautiful atmosphere has no purpose of existence. They should make it a bar.

Athens
“Tony Bonanno for atmosphere”
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I have visited Tony Bonanno several times. During summer I love the view to Piraeus harbour from high.. I believe its the most unpretending romantic restaurant in town (thats why I chose this restaurant when I wanted to..bewitch the big love of my life).
Even though I really like the atmosphere, I have to admit that the outcome of every visit of mine wasn't the same. The quality of my dinners there weren't the same everytime.
Most of the times the rissoto were fabulous (especially the one with the spinach & shrimps!),the salads fine chopped and great sauced and the Spaghetti di mare (with fruits of the sea) al dente well scented and tastefull. Most of the times, but not all!
The variety of the wines is good and their own wine as well.
It worths definetely a visit!

1 Thank irinikan
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Italian-American recently visited. Very good food, quick and friendly service, lively atmosphere - exceptional...”
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Best Italian-American recently visited. Very good food, quick and friendly service, lively atmosphere - exceptional desserts.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Piraeus, Greece
“Piraeus, above Mikrolimano. Italian food. The view is scenic, just wonderfull! Tables are opposite the restaurant on a...”
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Piraeus, above Mikrolimano. Italian food. The view is scenic, just wonderfull! Tables are opposite the restaurant on a broad pavement overlooking the picturesque little harbour. In the winter food is served indoors in a lovely atmosphere. However, I come here for the view, not so much for the food... Foodwise I can recommend the starters and the salads. The truffle risotto they serve here is absolutely delicious! But I would suggest to share it, as it fills you quite quickly. The pasta dishes are very heavy, when I feel like pasta I go somewhere else. Tony's has a good selection of nice wines. The housewine is usually good, both the white and the red. Again, as most places in Greece, you can order it by the kilo/half a kilo. Tony's is very, very popular so you really should reserve a table.