“Luxe Basics”

Piraeus Theoxenia Hotel
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Piraeus
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I stay the the Theoxenia often for business. Usually my average stay is 6-7 nights.

The hotel is well maintained, daily breakfast is a nice touch, and I have never had an issue with the internet -- so for business, this hotel fills all needs. That said, having spent significant time there, there are few small issues with the space.

Cons:
Overall room -- rooms not well lit (can get quite dark), not enough outlets and garbage bins throughout are very small
Bathroom -- shower nozzle in the middle of the tub vs at an end, making for an awkward shower, blow dryers are a bit antiquated, no conditioner provided

Pros: Beds are comfortable, towels fuzzy and nice, robe and slippers a nice addition. Room service although not always delicious/hot is relatively fast. Staff is very helpful and attentive.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ohthatlaura
There are newer reviews for Piraeus Theoxenia Hotel

Reviewed February 16, 2011

I just came back from a 2-night stay at Piraeus Theoxenia. The experience was pretty much good, as the hotel is conveniently located near the center of Piraeus, but in a quiet street--with the exception of a church with bells chiming on Sunday morning (~10am), but I came to realize that this is hard to avoid in Piraeus.

The hotel looked pretty new and was clean. The room I got was spacious enough, but had a smoky smell when I first got in, even though smoking was prohibited. The other thing I did not like much about the room was the bed: I had requested a king size bed, but what seemed to be one of those was actually two twin beds put together. Sleep was not totally comfortable with the gap in between. I also expected a bit more on the breakfast. Truth is that there was a satisfying spread, but some of the food was sitting there for a while--yet, this might be because I visited during what is usually considered low season with only few people staying there.

All in all, I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The personnel were very friendly and discrete; the price was reasonable; the hotel was clean and quiet; and, the location was very convenient for accessing the city center and the ports--esp. Pasalimani.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stavkkon
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I stayed with my colleagues at Piraeus Theoxenia during a business trip & we were very happy for our choise to stay there.
Great & professional staff. Very comfortable & clean rooms. Good rates.
Very good location in the centre of Piraeus, after finishing our appointments we had time for very good shopping & entertainment in the area.
For your stay in Piraeus I recommend you with no hesiatation this hotel

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank margy_London
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We stayed one night at this hotel before our cruise. Because we had been to Athens the previous year we wanted to stay closer to the port. This hotel is a 5 minute cab ride to the port. We enjoyed walking around this area and had dinner outside at a cute cafe on the harbor. The hotel was very clean and included a buffet breakfast. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Naper2
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Great five star hotel close to the metro station as well as to the port. Be careful to book at the lowest price possible

Reviewed December 7, 2009

I missed the last ferry out and needed a place to stay in Piraeus. Most of the hotels near the port are kind of poor quality. Someone pointed me at this place. Very comfortable room, very attentive staff, was a heavenly place to spend an angry night.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank SargeantKinchloe
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Pretty much what you would expect from a five star hotel. Comfortable rooms for the price, nice bathroom, staff organized packed breakfast for us given we left early before the restaurant opened for breakfast. About a 15 minute walk to the port.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple