“Lillia Hotel”
Review of Lilia Hotel

Lilia Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Piraeus
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have to admit that I wasnt looking forward to my overnight stay in Piraeus. My impression was that you only stayed there if there was no other option available. Im happy to report that my experience in the Lillia Hotel has changed that opinion. Yers the rooms are small and functional but they are absolutely spotless and have all the mod cons that you require. The manager was very helpful and made sure that we left the hotel in time to make our early morning ferry to Paros.

I would definitely use this hotel again.

I am rating this hotel as excellent, because it does all that is required of it - at a very reasonable cost.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed in a family room the night before we took a ferry from Piraeus. The room was clean, air-conditioned, with a balcony, and a very short walk from on a variety of restaurants on the marina. The staff were friendly and helpful, and happy to book us a taxi to the port. The cost of a room for four was very reasonable and good value, the breakfast was fine, and the proximity of the hotel to the port ideal. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I am always surprised by people who book simple Greek hotels and expect them to be more than they are paying for. The rooms are small - but you are probably staying only one night. Staff very helpful. Simple breakfast (as always in Greece) served very rapidly at 0600 to allow ferry connections. Rooms clean & tidy. Small fridge to cool your water bottle. Restaurants & bars within 5 mins walk. I will certainly book again when in Piraeus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank arkivist
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We recently stayed at Hotel Lilia. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We traveled with our baby and they were very accommodating by setting up a baby cot. Our room was clean and nicely air conditioned. The breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

If you are waiting for a ferry in Pireaus then you can't go wrong booking this hotel. It's affordable, clean, excellent staff who are very helpful as nothing is too much trouble - and in a great location near the port, but also in the beautiful local neighbourhood of Zeas Marina which has lovely restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I specifically wanted to stay at a reasonably priced hotel near the Marina Zeas, rather than in the bustling port city of Piraeus and I found that in the Lilia Hotel. It's a little gem, just 3 minutes walk to the Marina Zeas and about 7 minutes by taxi (€5 Euros including tip) from the Piraeus Metro Station to the hotel. The driver had no problem in finding the hotel. I was greeted by a friendly front desk clerk and checked into the hotel in minutes, with air-con and tv controller in hand I went up to my room and was pleasantly surprised to find such a little "gem" of a room for only €40 Euros - which includes breakfast, a private balcony and WiFi in the room to boot.

After settling into my room a bit I decided it was time to venture out and grab some grub down by the Marina Zeas, where there are plenty of places to choose from. I decided to grab takeout from the Noodle Bar - which was "cheap and cheerful" and headed back to my air-conditioned room to enjoy my evening.

After having a great sleep, I woke up and enjoyed breakfast (simple and tasty to Greek standards (don't expect a western breakfast because you won't find one), though the coffee was a bit of a disappointment - no worries.

I then had a very enjoyable shower with lots of hot water and good quality towels.

So what else does one need in a hotel - well the Lilia was everything I was looking for - very reasonably priced, friendly staff, comfortable bed, hot shower, clean room, good breakfast and great WiFi.

As I said from the beginning - Lilia Hotel is a Lilia Gem!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel now for 23 years of holidays. Rooms are spotless,and basic. This year I went to an Island for 5 nights and stayed in a 4 star hotel, but I was very glad to return to my room at the Lilia, it's my second home, and if I ever win the lottery I will buy my room, Room 124!!!!. Great location, and I just love it, home sweet home.

Miranda

Room Tip: all the rooms are spotless...... Please stay out of my room though (smile) 124