“Super Hotel Phideas”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Piraeus
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Super Hotel Phideas”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I, and two friends stayed at Hotel Phidias for one week, returning March 9th 2013.

What a surprise! Spotlessly clean, modern and convenient. But the outstanding memory is of service, the various staff who were on duty through the week went out of their way to be helpful, nothing was too much trouble. I hesitate to name one, for fear of diminishing the efforts of the others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DonAplin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Komotine, Rodhopi, Greece
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel a couple of weeks ago with my family. We were treated with kindness at the reception. It is at the center of Piraeus around 15 minutes away from the train and 5min from the ferry.It is a clean hotel the room was amazing with good aloe vera bath products. The breakfast was great prepared personally for each one client and with warm bread.Amazing experience for all of us.

3 Thank George K
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

we stayed here only a few days ago and i must admit the hotel was fabulous. it is literately 2 secs from the busy harbour and close to all shops too. the hotel itself was small but immaculately clean and staff were very friendly and helpful. The lady at breakfast couldnt be more helpful and i thought it would be patries and bread however there were eggs,bacon and sausages,cereal, cold meats,cheeses etc it was fab and on till 10.30am which allowed a well deserved long lie.
the rooms were compact however just what you need and very modern and clean.. the bathroom was more spacious than most hotels ive staying in but it did have a tiny bath however the shower was fine. overall this is an excellent and good value hotel with wifi,excellent rooms, superb service and seconds away from the pireaus buzz .

4 Thank suziemccheyne123
Copenhague
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Phidias hotel, catching a ferry early the next morning in Piraeus is made a lot easier by staying in this nice hotel with very friendly staff and a great location away from the gloomy and seedy area around the ferry terminals ...

4 Thank gseghers
Ra'anana, Israel
Reviewed February 16, 2013

There were a few mishaps happening to me since my arrival in Piraeus. The transfer I asked Phidias Hotel to arrange for me didn't arrive since it was too early and they offered me to get a taxi which they would pay for. Only then I realized it's impossible to get one. 11am, raining, and they're all taken. Eventually I called Phidias again and they sent a taxi for me and paid for it. Which was very nice of them.
When I got to the hotel I went around the corner to look for a place to get a small lunch and only then realized just how amazing the location is. A minute away from a beautiful little yacht port and 5 minutes away from the great shopping area of Piraeus. I spent hours walking around the hotel area that night.
At 2am some very loud music from outside woke me up. Knowing I have to get up at 5:30am for my ferry it really upset me and when it didn't stop I eventually called reception. The kind man at the reception called the police and within 10 minutes the music stopped. Being a light sleeper though I unfortunately lost my ability to fall back to sleep. In the morning the same man explained to me there's a bar nearby which plays loud music without a license but it's the first time they do it so late and that a guest complains. Just my luck I guess. He felt so bad for what happened and I assured him it's ok, it's not his fault. But then he gave me beautiful local white wine.
The bottom line is, these bad things happening were not the hotel's fault and they still went above and beyond to help me and were very kind. The single room had everything I needed. The design was beautiful, and the location and niceness of the staff are the reasons I'll definitely go back to Phidias if I find myself in Piraeus again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lalyil
Saint Louis, France
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We liked how accommodating the staff are. We liked the free shuttle service. The room was clean, comfortable, and the bathroom had a bathtub. The surrounding area was great for walking, shopping, and restaurants. It was a quick walk to get to the metro, and this got us right to the center of Athens.
Our son liked sliding down the luggage slide. The staff seemed used to this.

Room Tip: We went during the winter, so the hotel was very empty and very quiet.
4 Thank Sandra G
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed overnight so we could catch the ferry in the morning. This was an excellent place to stay - very clean, cozy room, everything in the room was new and modern. The staff were friendly and helpful, giving us advice on where to shop and eat in the area.

We arrived in the afternoon, so had time to go for a walk along the waterfront - beautiful, reminded me of Vancouver's harbourfront, lots of big yachts! There is a lot of graffiti and the area (other than the harbourfront) seems a bit run down, so I don't know how safe it is at night, but we didn't have any problems, although people were asking us for money as we sat at an outdoor restaurant. We walked to some nearby stores, as well, to do a little shopping.

When we arrived at Piraeus, we had to drop off out rental car and the hotel arranged for us to be picked up (they have a van), which we greatly appreciated. The next morning, the van was ready to take us to the ferry in good time. It's worth staying here for this service alone!

My one suggestion would be to improve their breakfast for early birds taking the ferry. The main ferry to the island leaves early each morning all year round, and not everyone wants to eat their breakfast at that time, yet the staff seemed confused and disorganized when we asked for our breakfast to go, bringing us some dry toast and stale cake. Based on other places we stayed on our holiday where we needed to leave early, I would have expected a nice bag/box breakfast with some fruit, yoghurt, muffin, boiled egg, juice, etc. that we could have taken with us. That being said, for 35 Euros per night, this was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room looked out over the street, which was noisy with traffic (motorcycles) late into the evenin...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family