“Very Good! If you are in Athens and like Sushi try it!”
Review of The Sushi Bar

The Sushi Bar
Ranked #1,485 of 2,416 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were going to Sushi Bar for many years while living in Athens. We visited them this May (2013) again. The Psychiko branch is located in the middle of an urban area. Nice minimal style decoration, a simple terrace not offering a great view, sometimes difficulties to find a parking space. We came often here and we will continue to do so: The food is very good, the offer a good variety of sushi and other Japanese dishes.
And the service is excellent. Every time we go we get the dessert (variation of ice creams) for free. And if you order a lot you may get more!
It is not the cheapest restaurant, but this is OK – we do not expect that.
We have been at various sushi restaurants all over the world. We consider Sushi Bar to be one of the best!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Last Friday my girlfriend and I decided not to go to our usual sushi place but to visit the sushi bar in N.Psychiko ,decision that later was proven wrong.Not because the food wasn t good,it was quite ok actually n the service decent as well ,the problem came with the policy of the restaurant..i think is ridiculous next to the already not low prices to add a charge for wasabi soya sauce n chop sticks...me personally as well as my girlfriend we have been in sushi restaurants all over he world but never never i ve seen a charge like that (please correct me if i m wrong) and next to that to have this charge written under the wine list when it should be written over the appetizers (is a shame) ..Don t get me wrong is not the amount (3.8 e) that bothered me,is the attitude..we ll never go there again

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been living in Athens for a few years and have yet to find a good sushi restaurant. I find most overpriced and low quality - this place included. We went to the Neo Psyhiko location. I wouldn't say I am a sushi expert, but I know when the maki rolls are bad. The rice was mushy and tasteless. When I ate a roll, my mouth was full of mushy bland rice, making it hard to chew. Sushi chefs take years to master the rice in maki rolls. It's a shame that this place couldn't even master the basic rolls. I gave it 2 stars for the good service and smoke free environment! :)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am a sushi lover, i do travel a lot and i ate sushi in restaurant all over Europe.
I must say that The Sushi Bar in Pagrati this is the best one i every tried.

The rolls and portions are all the ideal size, not too big and bulky, not to small to be left hungry or feel robbed.
Always very fresh, the rice its a masterpiece, i can never guess how they do it.
Although the fresh tuna is quite hard to get in Greece, they always have it delicious and fresh.
Huge variety, during the years i have tried all of them, all of them different interesting flavors.

Service it's impeccable, the girls working there can advice upon the most interesting pieces of the day and they are always smiling and joking, very relaxed and friendly environment.

Compared to all the other sushi places in Athens, this is by far the best and the best value for money. The other ones are crazy expensive, tasteless and not fresh.

Quite often i order delivery and always they bring it very fast, in aprox 15 min, always the order is correct, looks same as in the restaurant, nice boxes. The delivery boy respectful and has change.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I love all their vegetarian rolls, the salty edamame, the miso soup, most of their salads and the coconut cheesecake. Unbelievable tasty sushi especially for greece. Great service. The only minus is that it's a bit expensive