“It is a great quick meal!”
Review of Ithaki - CLOSED

Ithaki
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Plaka
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stopped for a quick lunch, and we got a great lunch. A fresh made gyro w/fries and a Fanta. I don't expect a 5 star experience from a little sidewalk cafe, so don't expect crystal and fine linens. Grab a gyro or a simple menu item and you won't be dissappointed. We lunched a few times and once for dinner and always enjoyed.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed next door for 5 nights and we ate here 4 of those days. I'm not sure why the negative reviews recently, but we visited in April and also last year and had a great experience. Maybe the other reviewers maybe made their orders complicated, I'm not sure.

We had no issues with language barriers- I speak English only and ordered all my meals with ease and the check was always correct.

We watched a Champions League semi-final here and had a great time interacting with the manager, wait staff, and cooks. Everyone was very friendly, not pushing any extra meals or costs in our face. They remembered us by name and we had great service even if we only ordered beers or coffee.

Oh the food was good too, nothing complicated nor does it claim to be. Sure you can be a 'tourist and order the "special", but every place in the plaka advertises the same special, so just order things here and there. One day the salad was average, so I didn't order it next time. If you want authentic Greek food or to have the best meal of your life, go eat at a Greek friends home. This is a great, quick place for a bite to eat.

I will definitely pop in next year on my return.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Had dinner there the first night and the waiter who was friendly suggested a few dishes and to be honest we went along with the suggestions. They were poorly prepaired and the restaurant gives a feeling that is left to its destiny.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had dinner at Loakh, it was our first evening in Athens and Greece. We should know it better, the meal wasn't worth the money we spend there. One waiter stands the whole evening on the street to invite the guest... just saying.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had the same expirinece as others shared here. The server was trying really heard to make small talk a bit harder I would say. We asked for baked fish plate, they servers us fried everything. The food was ok, but nothing special.

Ten came the shock of the bill! It was phenomenal! I come live in San Francisco, so I know well the cost of good food and I would not fret paying top buck for it, however this guys were way higher than this standard. They gave me a sleazy hand written in Greek receit. One of the items was 120 euros! I paid, but I felt no tip and our family had a by sour first expirinece in Athens. Oh and at the end of the night the server appeared to be drunk. He also made borderline inappropriate comments about my 7 year old daughter.

The next day we walked to Souvlaki Row further down in Monasteriki and the food was phenomenal, with great service and decent prices.

THIS PLACE IS A TOURIST TRAP. STAY AWAY.