“Would eat here again in a heartbeat.”

Cinque Wine & Deli Bar
Ranked #4 of 2,958 Restaurants in Athens
Neighborhood: Psirri / Gazi
Description: It s a small and cosy wine and deli bar. The wine list contains approx 30 wine from the greek vineyard,in a glass of 150 ml. The food menu contains club sandwiches,toasts,sandwiches,plate with greek PDO cheeses and smoked meats and some authentic greek recipes. You can also find coffees,teas,homemade lemonade with ginger and small desserts. We offer free wine tasting of oirginal greek grapes so you can choose wich wine it is your favorite.Also we have special wine flights with rare greek wines. And tailor made wine services!!The important thing it is the personal contact,so if you are patient,in case it is full,you will travel to Greece thow the wines!!Yamas!!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked this place because we were traveling with my parents, who both LOVE wine, and I could make a reservation. My husband and I travel with our two kids (4 years old and 18 months) and I was nervous about bringing them to this restaurant. But I was so wrong. The owner had two little toys sitting on the table for them to play while we sipped on delicious wine for the evening. The toys kept them so entertained the whole meal. She was sweet and talked to them the whole evening. And then to top it off they were able to keep the toys which helped keep them entertained the rest of the trip. The price was really affordable as well. If I was going back to Athens I'll book another reservation at Cinque Wind and Deli Bar!

Date of visit: March 2019
evangeliet, Ιδιοκτήτης at Cinque Wine & Deli Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for sharing with us your family moments in Athens!
Thank you also for this so warm review!
Family is very important value for greek people and mostly the kids!
Both are amazing kids, very polite and cute!
Thank you again for appreciated that we offer!
Yamas!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,428)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice greek wines - nice greek snacks!
Cozy place, real people, honest and straight sommelier. Excellent service

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you so much for sharing with us your moments in Athens.
Thank you also for taking the time to write this so warm review!
We feel every night like we have our house full of friends and we try to offer our best!
Thank you for appreciated it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love this place! The wine, the cheese, the meat boards. It's a must stop. They do take reservations but if you're a small group of 2 you might be able to pop in. It does get busy though. I highly recommend, we loved this spot!

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you so much for choosing our small place while in Athens!
Thank you also for this so warm review!
Cinque is a small place but we try to accommodate all the winelovers!
Thank you for appreciated that we offer!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice place that helped me to understand the different wine area and types of Greek wine. Good recommendations too

Date of visit: March 2019

Thank you for choosing Cinque while in Athens!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cinque is a treat. A very different experience. The Sommelier is deeply commited to sharing his appreciation for Greek wines. If you are like me, over several days in Greece, I had one mediocre wine after another. This isn't Italy where the local wine is inexpensive and amazing. In Greece, we may have to work a bit harder.
Grigoris Prassas has come up with a way to educate in Greek wines and enjoy the experience. First he offers samples of several wines while describing the region and charcteristics. Eventually, I choose three wines to try, half a glass apiece. They were accompanied by four dishes of olives. So the meal was wine and olives. No dessert.

Total cost was 22 Euro, and I think it was a bargain for what I learned and the personal attention I received. Plus the certificate indicating I was a winelover, that I mistakingly left behind. So, I didn't come home with my stomach bursting with Mousaka. Instead, I enjoyed some fine wines, was treated with respect, and had a special evening.

A very big THANK YOU!
Thank you for visiting our small place!
Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience with so many good words!
When we read reviews like yours we really feel worthing the effort we do, to offer warm hospitality and high quality products!
Thanks again for appreciated it!