Tripadvisor
Athens
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Airport transfer

Opa Tours saved us during a day with all transport on strike. Super service, great car, very... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
173paulav
Seamless!

Opa Tours made our airport & ferry transfers seamless. The drivers were on time, if not early, and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $116.98
from $30.35
from $51.50
More Info
All reviews taxi service beautiful cars huge relief athens airport lovely driver airport pick up and drop clean van timely fashion mercedes car local tour great company initial email magical experience boat trip baggage claim reliable service perfect service
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2019

Let me just say it: using OPA Tours was one of the best and luckiest decisions I made for our trip to Greece. Trusted friends who have been to Greece several times told me that getting a taxi at Athens airport was likely to take a while and be an exhaust-filled (and potentially shady) task, and they suggested I contact our hotel and arrange for a car to pick us up. Fortunately, we were staying at the lovely boutique AthensWas Hotel, and they hooked us up with OPA Tours. We were lucky enough to be picked up at the airport by Stamatios Tsenes, or Stamos (“John Stamos took the name from me!”). It’s said first impressions are everything; well, Stamos was well-dressed, on-time, genuinely warm and friendly; he grabbed our bags and whisked us out of the airport in what felt like seconds and into an immaculate black Mercedes. Our conversation to the hotel was enjoyable and informative. And as luck would have it, Stamos was also going to be our driver on two tours we had booked.

Three days later, for our first tour to Delphi, Stamos was not only early and in his usual good spirits, but he brought us breakfast treats for the ride from one of his favorite spots. After we toured Delphi, he took us to a non-touristy and lovely restaurant with good food and a great view. The next day we were to tour Mycenae, Corinth, and Epidaurus. Early as usual, this time with our guide for the day Katerina, again he brought breakfast treats, with a bonus of two delicious espresso freddos. Katerina was a fantastic guide, and all day she and Stamos were making adjustments to the itinerary so that we would enjoy our day as much as possible. After seeing the sites, they picked a wonderful restaurant for us to eat a late lunch in the seaside town of Tolo called Maria’s, with really good food and a beautiful view of the Aegean Sea.

Spending literally hours in the car with Stamos was a pleasure. Personable and genuine, he definitely made you feel like he would do whatever he could for you. When we were leaving Athens, bound for Crete, he drove us to the airport. It was bittersweet, because we felt like we made a friend that we now had to leave.

I strongly recommend OPA Tours and Stamos, and we hope that when he’s in Brooklyn he’ll let us know—and maybe we’ll meet the famous Debbie!

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank kilfoyle22
N5605ACdebbiek, Owner at Opa Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2019

WE are so touched by this wonderful review and your kind words! It means so much to us that you had this amazing experience with our company and more specifically Stamos! What you describe is exactly the type of service and memories we aim to co-create with all of our guests who come to Greece as strangers but always leave as friends! For us it is the small details that make all the difference, the interactions, the new tastes and smells, and of course best of all, the exquisite natural beauty of Greece. We are blessed enough to love what we do for a living and we want to share our love and passion with every single guest! We are very happy you had a memorable time and we hope to see you back in Greece soon! We will definitely be reaching out during our stay in NYC!!!!! See you soon and thanks again for this wonderful heartfelt review, this is our ammunition to keep striving and to keep going!!!!!!! Be well and take care! Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Reviewed November 25, 2019

I highly recommend this company! Excellent service, very efficient, knowledgeable and kind drivers. On our day of departure there was an enormous traffic jam in Athens, but Iannis managed to get us well in time at the airport! When I return to Athens I'll call Opa Tours again, that's for sure

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank 571eric
mimikaxdrk, Communications Manager at Opa Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2019

Yay! We look forward in seeing you again and catering to your transfer as well as travel needs!

Reviewed September 16, 2019

I've been using Opa Tours for several years. I come once a year to visit my mother who lives on one of the islands in Greece. I'm always greeted with a smile with an easy to find sign with my name on it. The cars have always been so clean ( you could probably eat off the ground) They have wifi in the car and water (such a nice added touch). During the trip if there are some sites they'll teach you about them and give recommendations depending on what you're looking for.
I always feel safe and in good hands while in their cars. Everytime I've book a car its been on time.
I'd 100% recommend Opa Tours for family/friends or just yourself for a seemless safe trip.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank kristianahurley

Its a pleasure aiding with travel and transfer needs and we take pride in our appearance and our people. We thank you for your review!

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Ops Tours is extraordinary! We had 3 different drivers over several days - all were terrific and very informative. Highly recommended!!!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Navigate759835

We thank you! We love sharing our knowledge and making your trip as comfortable and stress fee as possible!

Reviewed September 10, 2019

I can't say enough positive words about the exceptional service from Opa Tours. They were recommended by a formal local greek and boy was I glad to have their expertise. Opa Tours was a blessing. Debbie replied to me always in a timely fashion. She was able to arrange multiple transfers to and from the airport and the port. They offer many options as far as private cars or taxis so that you have a positive experience. Debbie was always professional and in contact to confirm my reservations even if they were made in less than 24 hours. All of our drivers were wonderful, always very well dressed and offered us water. The price is set ahead of time and communicated via Opa tours. We had the most exceptional driver Yannis multiple times. He was always on time or early and always made sure we were in the right gate for flights or boats before he left, even asking locals as needed. Debbie was also able to arrange a short notice 4 hour tour w/ a guide as our original plans w/ another company had to be canceled due to flight delays. No job was too difficult for Debbie and Opa. I would recommend this company to anyone. They real were the back bone of such a great trip. So dependable and wonderful. Thank you Thank you!

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank Stephanie M

We loved reading your review and we thank you so much for it! We work hard to provide the level of service that we do and strive to exceed expectations every time! We hope you visit our city, and us, again!