“Best value for money in Athens!”
Review of Mini Size

Mini Size
Ranked #764 of 2,576 Restaurants in Athens
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

And I mean it! This is by far the best restaurant I have ever been to in Athens in terms of value for money. High quality, delicious food in an elegant, modern setting with excellent and personalized service, Mini Size has never let me down in the last 2 years that I frequent it. I highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in savoring delicious modern cuisine without digging too deep into their pockets.

Plus, Mini Size is off the beaten track with ample parking space all day long.

Extra tip: The setting becomes almost magical in the summer when food is served on the elevated platform next to the train rail, underneath the eucalyptus trees and the lit lanterns!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Small & cozy restaurant in Tavros area, next to the train rails. The menu has main dishes made from chicken, pasta, rizotti & tenderloin with various garnishes, fruits and delicious dressings. The chicken with yogurt and mastich is highlly recommended. The fig dessert is also tasty. The house white wine was quite pleasant and in general we had a great dinner. The only matter was the first waiter who was hurried and slightly rude...I imagine that he needs vacations -

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Yesterday Sunday the 3d of March we decided to go to that restaurant for lunch, so we thought it best to make a reservation, as is customary in these cases! It was four of us, so we thought of booking in advance which we did!
One of us, called the telephone that they are advertising on the internet at about 11:30 am for a reservation of a table for four people at 14:30.
A guy picked up the receiver at the other end of the line and without asking for our telephone, in case something happened, took our reservation. However, although he did answer the telephone, his voice sounded as if he had been sleeping, but he said nothing said that it was ok and that they would be expecting us at 14:30!
Just to make sure that it was not the wrong number and that the guy who had answered our call wasn't playing some kind of prank (and mainly because his tone of voice gave away somebody who had been sleeping - which seemed not very professional-like, at the time of the call), we thought it best to call again after a quarter of an hour, just to make sure that the same voice would answer the phone and that we hadn't made a mistake! Indeed the same voice did answer the call.
However, a nasty surprise was awaiting us upon arrival at the restaurant: apparently, the restaurant didn't get to open until 15:00-!5:15 (in other words it opened when the owner decided to get there as he didn't have a particular time of opening), we were told that by a dude who was sitting on the porch of the shop, in his flip flops and an older lady who was there talking to him!!!!
It suddenly clicked that our suspicions were true and that something was fishy about that guy! Of course, we didn't wait and he almost (but not quite - thank God!!!) ruined our outing for we had made no other reservations, but eventually we managed to find somewhere to go. Still, think of the cheek of that guy!!! Such behaviour is totally unacceptable! I wouldn't be surprised if he was on something when he took our call! it was like he didn't care about losing customers! Unless he thought even more cunningly than that! He might have thought: "What will they do? They will have to wait!!! They will not have a reservation anywhere else and it'll only be half an hour till I get there! So, they are bound to wait! If I tell them to come later they may not book."
By the way, the place/joint didn't look much from the outside, guys, anyway, so I would say, skip it, to save you nasty surprises!!!

1  Thank C M
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We had no idea that there was such a wonderful place right next to the train tracks in downtown Athens. Big windows sheltered by leafy trees add an intimate feeling to a place that is kind of chic and trendy without being precious or self conscious. The food is amazing- we loved the honeyed baked cheese and I loved the chicken in creamy mastic sauce. I don't remember what my friends ate I was too busy enjoying my own food!!The desserts were really good as well. There were 3 of us and we ate and drank alot and paid a grand total of 50 euro. Great value for money.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

I absolutely adore this restaurant.Its small although in teh summer it ahs sitting by the train railway which is great! you get a free started on the house,the desert on the house,all fresh,and a box with candy when you leave.you dont need to make a reservation but its small and cosy so make sure you are there not scared waiting for 15 minutes or so,it worth it! friendly atmosphere,greek celebs..its a hidden gem because its a it hard to find,its at Tauros by a little bar called Loukoumaki but please call them for directions so the cab driver knows