TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Monastiraki
Neighborhood: Monastiraki
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is our first night in Greece and we have just had the most fabulous dinner here.
When we sat down we were given ( free) fresh bread and home made olive dip which was delicious.
I then ordered the fried sardine fillets which came with salad ; and my husband ordered the souvlaki which came with chips and salad. We also ordered stuffed peppers and tomatoes as an entree to share. All 3 meals were 10/10. Delicious and fresh.
At the end of the meal we were each given a free glass of ouzo which was appreciated.
A big glass of white wine only cost 3.50€, and the entire meal including that wine and a beer cost 33€ all up which is good value.
The service was excellent.
Highly recommend

1  Thank Joworkstotravel
Write a reviewReviews (243)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great lunch outside - pork Souvlaki and a salad. Dishes were great, service was quick and prices are good too.
Make sure you go upstairs to see the rest of tge place - it is huge and very nicely designed.

1  Thank shlomitk2015
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Yesterday the rains of the end of September surprised us while we were in the middle of a tour. I decided that I will take my guests over hot coffee and a dessert in my beloved Oraia Ellas. As usual we had such an amazing experience. The view was splendid of the city under the rain. Warm coffee was just what we needed and the traditional Greek walnut pie (karidopita) was fresh and delicious. It was also very convenient for us to go through catalogues and have discussions. The music was also very nice. We left when rain stopped, my guests were offered free shots of traditional mastixa liquor that they were thrilled about. The ambiance is super friendly and all workers are cosmopolitan, multilingual and super friendly. The place is really a traditional exhibition of Greek art, history, culture and civilisation. I highly recommend over coffee, drinks, traditional food and desserts. Thanks for being a real Greek place to always resort to.

1  Thank HebaEssam
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our last night in Athens and so a friend that lives in Athens suggested we go there. They have good food and live Greek music. We ordered the grilled octopus which was horrible, we literally took a bite and spit it out. I told the waiter that it's not edible and he was very apologetic and offered to bring us something on the house. We declined but appreciated the gesture and we continued to eat our other platters which was the stuffed vine leaves. Loved them! A nice salad and french fries. We finished off with lemon cake which was just ok. The live music was a nice touch.

1  Thank Ann Z
Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

Great food and the staff are super friendly. The kebab is out of this world... We stayed in athens 2 days and both lunches were there...

1  Thank Nomad75003