“Nice fancy atmosphere, nice to reserve if you're with a party that don't want to go far for a party after as its a club-restaura”
Review of Baraonda

Baraonda
Ranked #968 of 2,576 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The waiter was very helpful when learning I had a milk allergy and made good advice on my meal. Unfortunately they marinade most of their meat in milk so if you have a milk allergy then you have little choice. I couldn't eat chicken, and I'm not a fan of fatty meat, so their cut of steak was a bit fatty for me but the staff were very nice and helpful especially the male waiter and service was good. The atmosphere was nice, you need to dress up, good for an occasion. My friends had the liver with truffle beschamel sauce and they enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank LondonMarion104

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice as a bar but the place needs refresh and training for there employees. Expensive meens take care which they do not know how. I would recomment the place.

2  Thank Gina064
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We went there for dinner with another couple of friends. The atmospere is very nice and the food just ok. We ordered deserts for the four of us and I found in my desert a bottle cap and of cource I called the maitre... what he did??? He took my plate to check if the cap was one of the restaurant's wine labels and came back telling me that indeed there was something inside and ASKED me if I wanted them to replace my desert!!! That is unacceptable for such an expensive restaurant! I would not recommend it!

2  Thank Eleni24
VSGroup, Public Relations Manager at Baraonda, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Firstly I'd like to thank you for your review and I am disappointed to read of the poor service.
Secondly, i would like to inform you that Baraonda's restaurant is closed from the first week of April 2012 and it will be opened on October 12th. From April 19th until now Baraonda is opened only as a club and doesn 't serve food.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I used to go to Baraonda (of course before the cuts and the horrible crisis...) and it was so different to what I experience Thursday last (opening of the new summer season). They have re-decorated the place and made a great bar outside in a little garden... So atmospheric, so romantic yet edgy. THE place to be with amazing cocktails. If it was up to me I would have all my drinks there!!! And seriously I have NOT been bribed.... Amazing.... Am speechless!

1  Thank natvag
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Decent food and nice environment. Nothing really special.

1  Thank stavento
VSGroup, Marketing department at Baraonda, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.
I hope you could give us another chance to serve you in the future and make it up todo all possible to change your view on the restaurant.
It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you both back to Baraonda restaurant.