“Amazing afternoon hang out”
Review of Ydria Restaurant

Ydria Restaurant
Ranked #132 of 2,492 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Plaka
Description: Ydria restaurant is located in plaka next to the ancient agora.Our wines collection along with our dishes are the best options for tasting a real Greek cuisine. All you have to do is trust us and let us take care of you. Our new menu is constructed by the award-winning chef Giannis Solakis. The new culinary options are based on the Greek creative cuisine and the traditional raw material from all around Greece.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Firstly, massive props to this place for having a lovely outdoor seating area that doesn't squash you between the resturant door and the tourist train that rattles past every 15 minutes! The garden area across the road is spacious, and has those brilliant fans with water misters on to help you keep cool.
My friend and I spent a very pleasant couple of hours here one afternoon, when we'd basically finished being tourists. The staff were happy to let us sit (it wasn't a busy time of day) and kept us well supplied with water and bits and pieces.
My eyes were somewhat larger than my stomach, and I ordered a GIANT ice cream which was, admittedly, delicious.
I'd definitely recommend this as a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by.

There are newer reviews for Ydria Restaurant

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ydria has one of the best spots to sit and people-watch, excellent service with the friendliest waiters, great food and one of the best Campari Sodas I have ever had. Prices are reasonable, but the atmosphere is priceless!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were in Athens for our 6th wedding anniversary and as the sun was setting and we were wandering about the Plaka, came upon this restaurant and decided to celebrate there. Good choice! We had a delicious meal and our waiter, Anastasios, was wonderful!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

very slow service ,poor and the coffee wasnt good , overpriced pushy waiters , the atmosphere was nice ! wont be back thats for sure.

2  Thank stevemaryforever
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stopped for lunch and had a great table with cooling water spray. I ordered spagetti with pesto and it was delicious. It was nicer than the pasta I had in Italy. All the dishes were flavoursome. Good portions, decent service and good value.