“Great restaurant”

Cuisines: Greek, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Plaka
Description: Ydria restaurant is located in plaka next to the ancient agora.Our wines collection along with our dishes are the best options for tasting a real Greek cuisine. All you have to do is trust us and let us take care of you. Our new menu is constructed by the award-winning chef Giannis Solakis. The new culinary options are based on the Greek creative cuisine and the traditional raw material from all around Greece.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great restaurant. The waiters and the (Dutch-speaking) manager were very funny and the food was very good. Even though we (eight persons) ordered some things that werent specifically on the menu or were a little bit different, our food was delivered very quickly. We got a discount and we got free water and free shots afterwards. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were encouraged to stop here by one of the gentlemen outside waving us in...good choice! It is in a little square in the plaka next to the ruins of the Roman forum, near Montasiraki Square. My friend had the tzatsiki and I had the Ydria crepe (nutella and strawberry). Both were excellent (although my friend had to pay extra for a pita - but at least it came hot and crispy). Their outdoor area is lovely and they have free wifi. The waiters were very nice and the inside of the restaurant would be nice for a group to gather. The restroom was very clean too. I would definitely come back here my next time in Athens.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Location very good, nicely set out in the square. Comfortable seating. Good range of dishes. Food alright. Service fast and efficient.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Late lunch in the sun was terrific. I had Spaghetti Bolognese, my wife a Caesar salad. Beer good. Service attentive without being a pain. We ordered a side of chips - Crisps arrived so we changed it to French Fries - no problem. We all had a laugh.Good atmosphere and great for people watching.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'm from Chicago and I visit Athens several times a year and Ydria Restaurant is one of my favorites restaurants to eat at. The atmosphere is great with a beautiful view of ancient Greek ruins. The food reminds me of grandmother's homemade dishes. So delicious. Great customer service as well, they treat you like family. I highly recommend this restaurant. Great food and great shopping.