Ways to Experience Acropolis Museum
from $9.67
from $55.72
from $22.74
35,561 results
All reviews top floor glass floor elgin marbles third floor modern building on display take pictures ancient athens greek history visiting athens artifacts acropolis excavations video architecture greece copies
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent around three hours at this museum before visiting the Acropolis. Our favourite areas were the excavations under the building and also the incredible views of the Acropolis. This museum was very busy, do yourself a favour and book online to avoid long queues.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The museum is your must see visit after the Acropolis. Almost 10,000 people visit it each day, but it is extremely large, being on several floors, and is air-conditioned. It houses artefacts from the Acropolis, which are well displayed. There is an information plaque for each exhibit. There is a large cafeteria on the top, or penultimate floor, I can't remember which, and a much smaller café on the ground floor, located behind the souvenir shop. No photography is allowed and the museum attendants are very numerous and vigilant. However, of you walk with your phone in your hand, it is possible to take some souvenir photos. There are toilets on every floor.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank martyncymro
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As part of a CHAT tour to the Acropolis we finished up at the museum. Again, the guide had us in a huddle telling us of the artifacts while not allowing us to go look at the articles. However, I left the guide and looked at the artifacts while my husband who enjoys history stayed and listened. He saw the artifacts through my fotos. Preferences.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came to Athens hoping to be able to learn a lot about the history of the city and its people but this museum was less of a learning experience and more like an art exhibit. There was very little educational displays and guides to help you understand the significance of the objects, it all seemed overly architectural and concerning more the appearance and 'flashiness' of the building rather than the significance of the historical content. It was a waste of money in my opinion. The Archeology Museum was the same price and blew my mind i was there for over three hours so I'm not the sort of person to say this lightly about things and I really did want to come away having learn't something.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A brilliant museum brought to life by the short videos on the way in (statues blinking and pottery artwork moving!), as well as the awe-inspiring architecture showcasing the amazing exhibits. The children (9 and 4) enjoyed seeing the silver coins “hidden” below the glass floor and other aspects that made this feel very modern and some statues even got a “wow”!
The only downside was the noisy auto-flushing toilets - all of them kept flushing whilst you sat on them. My 4-year old found them too scary to use.
Overall the museum was amazing.

Date of experience: August 2019