“lots of statues and jugs”
Review of Acropolis Museum

Ranked #1 of 345 things to do in Athens
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Modern, uptodate building on the foot of the Acropolis housing important ancient Greek statues and much more
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I ended up spending more time than I planned in this museum. I was there for about 4 hours and when I was left I felt I saw enough statues and jugs to last me a while. We stopped for a light snack in the cafe at the bottom.

Write a ReviewReviews (29,963)
All reviews
in 197 reviews
"context"
in 257 reviews

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This museum is like no other. It is a wonderful is of architecture and display like no other. It is a fitting testament to the ingenuity of the actual Parthenon building. Glass walls, ceiling and floors. All look over the acropolis. It is a must do. And only 5 Euros!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

First and foremost, this is an amazing museum! I think that it is beautifully laid out and a perfect showcase of all of the beautiful treasures that have been found at the Acropolis site. Even more so inspiring is the forward thinking move by the Greek people to show their dedication to preserving their ancient culture.

Perhaps one of the most interesting aspects of this great museum are the glass floors that give visitors an up close peek at ancient ruins that are below the ground you walk on - unbelievably cool! I do warn ladies that there are on of these glass floors on the top floor so visitors above can be seen from below!

We didn't dine there but there is a very nice cafe situated on the top floor of the museum that has a beautiful view of the Parthenon.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Clean, air conditioned, and truly a world class attraction...However, ladies don't wear skirts/dresses as all levels have glass floors, and it's the Parthenon art that should be the only display. :)

1  Thank Aneea
See more reviews
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This museum completes my visit to the Parthenon. Theres also a theatre room at the top floor where you can watch a short film. We were advised to leave our bags at the front desk (which suxs) theres a little cafeteria inside as well, bookshop to buy gifts and souvenirs. Its like my history books come to life .. Its a must to visit while in Athens. Theres a 5 euro entrance fee

2  Thank betheljoy