Athens4U Authentic Athens City Walks
Review Highlights
City streets and great eats

Zoe took us on a fabulous walking tour of several neighborhoods in Athens. We we able to... read more

Reviewed October 16, 2018
becben
Boston, MA
via mobile
Excellent Introduction Athens and the Main Attractions

Reviewed June 26, 2016
cmansell7
Godalming, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2016

I decided to do the Walking Tour at the end of an eight day tour of Greece which only allowed one morning for sightseeing in Athens. My guide Dimitris was very helpful when giving advice about the tour prior to booking it and gave me a lot of information on what I could expect to see. He also asked me if there were particular places that I would like him to include.
On the day, Dimitris turned up at the arranged time and we spent about six hours walking around the main areas in Athens. He asked me about the places that I wanted to see, but also pointed out many sights that I wouldn't have known about or planned to visit. The walk included a great many well known places and Dimitris was very knowledgeable about these and was able to answer all of my questions.
His English was very good and he was easy to listen to and understand.
A coffee stop was added in at my request and Dimitris made every effort to walk at my pace, allowing plenty of time for photos and questions.
I would highly recommend Dimitris and it was a pleasure to do the walk with a guide who clearly enjoyed meeting people and introducing them to the beautiful city of Athens. He must have seen those sights so many times before but has retained his enthusiasm. It was nice to do the tour with somebody who seemed to enjoy it as much as I did.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank cmansell7
Reviewed May 2, 2016

If you want to know and enjoy Athens, you are right to trust Dimitris. He knows Athens like the back of his hand! He also knows perfect English. You will enjoy your time with such a great tour guide! He will show you places that are special and unique, in addition to the usual attractions.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank Eleni H
Reviewed July 29, 2015

Unbelievable tour of Athens and surrounding area. Very knowledgeable and friendly. My daughter and I had a great time seeing the sights and learning more about Ancient Greece. Dimitris was knowledgable and happy to take and show IPAs whatever we wanted to see. I highly recommend him and the tour.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Rick L
Reviewed June 16, 2015

A excellent experience walking around Athens with some one who knows it inside-out! Lots of exiting places to see and know about their history! Highly recommended to everyone!

Date of experience: June 2015
3  Thank VioletaMel
Reviewed June 15, 2015 via mobile

Spent a wonderful evening walking all around Athens with Dmitris. He was flexible, fun, informative, and considerate. We could not have asked for better!

Date of experience: June 2015