“An amazing way to end our time in Greece...”
Review of Mani Mani

Mani Mani
Ranked #27 of 2,447 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thissio / Makriyanni
Description: The cuisine, most loyal at its place of origin, Mani, is flirting with recipes from all over Greece, with a modern approach, using traditional and healthy products of Mani and Peloponnisos.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

First off, let me be blunt. This was one of the best meals we have ever had. Period. We just left Manh Mahn (our hotel was mere feet from this restaurant), and felt moved to immediately check out what others had said about this place, as well as put our two cents in. The food and service were simply outstanding, and far exceeded our expectations. And, our expectations were not particularly low, as this venue was recommended in more than one of our Athens guide books. We are somewhat sparing as to eating out, even when on vacation, so each experience, good or otherwise, tends to have a lot of weight in our memories. We feel particularly fortunate to have decided on Manh Manh, especially being on a memory-packed trip, as well as being our honeymoon! In retrospect, we were dumb-lucky to get there before 6pm, and were graciously seated, even though we had no reservation. We were able to take advantage of the (pre-6pm) "half-portion/half-price" aspect of the menu, for some of its offerings. The quality of everything we had was exceptional, so it was terrific to essentially double the experiences for ourselves. Typically American, we probably ate way too fast, but we were still there for a leisurely sit, as we saw it (about an hour and a half - food-spacing by our waitstaff was perfect). As far as we were concerned, the cost was extraordinarily reasonable. My wife and I are already bummed that we did not go there until our last night in Athens. We would have gladly returned as often as we could. Creative, delicious. Surprising!
P.S. I am not normally a dessert guy, but, lemme tell you, their take on baklava just knocked my socks off.....goodness gracious....

1  Thank Chuck W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,789)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This trip was supposed to be a congratulations for ending one job and getting my dream job, so I decided to spoil myself at Manh Manh. Trouble was, I could not decide what I wanted, it all looked great! I settled on 4 dishes at half portions and it was more than enough to stuff me beyond capacity. I had heard from others on TA and other blogs I researched before arriving in Athen, to order the yellow lentils. It was bliss! Huge bowl that I could not eat fast enough. It was that good! Next the mussels were incredible! I almost ordered the other half, but the portion was right sized for 1 diner. Of the salads, the Twisted Greek won over the others and was not bad. The flaky pastry feta was whimsical and tasty. I completed the meal with the Pork Tenderloin as one poster suggested it over the Pork Belly. I enjoy the Tenderloin but wondered how different the Belly would have been. Oh well, next time!
Collecting my belongings for the coach ride to Lefkas and look forward to exploring all that Greece has to offer. Thank you TA posters for all the great suggestions over the years. You've not failed me.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Loved this restaurant. Completely different from the usual touristy places and for the same price. Excellent choice of well cooked freshly made dishes and good wine list. Not easy to spot the entrance, stairs to ascend to the restaurant and no particular view, but you are there for the food rather than the scenery.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went here on the recommendation of our hotel as something different, representing a slightly modern updating of the traditional Greek menu. Although not outstanding, it was a very good experience. The food was certainly the highlight - generous, fresh and tasty, with very interesting twists on traditional Greek fare. However, the service could use a significant re-vamp and they could take some lessons from their traditional taverna cousins. It took the staff some 10 minutes to provide us menus, and another 10 minutes to ask if we wanted anything to drink. In that time we could have finished a couple of cocktails. It was a noticeable letdown given that the food was very good.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Well worth a visit while in Athens, to enjoy a special meal. Kagianas and makarounes both fantastic.

Been to Mani Mani? Share your experiences!