All reviews train station busy road minute walk air con fifth floor free breakfast clean hotel the breakfast area decent hotel kalambaka wifi bathtub balconies taxi piraeus santorini
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2017

The hotel is located very close to Larissa Railway and Metro Station. Abt 45mins - 1hr journey from the Airport. Cost was at 18 Euros from Airport to Larissa Metro Station. Take the exit leading to Diligainni, and you will see Ariston Hotel on the right.
Hotel location was in the middle of Athens. the Metro station was an easy access, but do keep your valuables close to you.
Less than 5mins walk, and the staff and kitchen crew, Marlina was very friendly and will assist you anything you need. From providing boiling water, to showing how to use the balcony door. It was a good stay for me and my best friend. Only thing we hoped to have was a kettle to boil water.
All in all it was a good stay for our 7 nights.

Room tip: Corner rooms are cosy.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank aishah849
Reviewed December 23, 2016

Our room faced a main road and railway and there is a noise problem. It was clean and well-serviced despite maintenance glitches. The staff was helpful especially the receptionist Matina. Breakfast was basic and the same every day. Hotel location near Metro(Larissa station), railway and bus lines makes access easy including to airport (by Metro -change at Syntagma station)

Room tip: Ask for a room away from highway.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank David Z
Reviewed November 23, 2016

I booked Ariston for my travel in October 2016, I should be flying to Athens and stay with them on 10/9 but on 10/8 my flight carrier informed me the flight would be cancelled due to Greek Strike that the Greece government announced which would last 4 days. Due to being informed I wasn't able to fly to Greece at all, I changed my whole trip itinerary and skip Greece completely.
I was able to cancel all my hotel bookings in Greece except for Ariston. My hotel booking site customer service contacted Ariston several times expressing my change of plan wasn't my will but due to the country's strike issue (which eventually last 20+ hours instead of 4 days, but it's enough time to make a traveler change his/her plan!), Ariston was being very inflexible and inconsiderate replying the strike was over and rejected my cancellation request (My other Greek hotels agreed my cancellation even when I booked their non-refundable plans.)
I have no comments on the hardware and service this hotel provides as I've never physically been there due to last minute change of plan unwillingly, but I wouldn't recommend this property to other travelers in case of any unplanned change of plans.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank c0rdiec
Reviewed November 17, 2016 via mobile

This is the perfect overnight stopover if you are traveling to Meteoroa or another short trip out of Athens via train station Larissies. You can walk to the hotel easily in 5-8 minutes from the train station. We told them on the reservation that we were arriving late at night, but I assume they man the desk all night because the same guy was there in the morning when we headed out early for the 8:27am direct train to Kalampaka (Meteoroa). Free Breakfast 8-10 am and free wifi. We stayed here twice beofre and after our train trip, and it was a convenient, clean, and exactly what you need at a good price. Bring some earplugs or sleeping earbuds, you're in the middle of Athens.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meghan D
Reviewed November 15, 2016

in all this place was perfect for me, i dont usually do these reviews but was compelled this time by the friendly feel, i was there 4 nights and felt at home!
the whole place was always clean, decor and layout is simple. all staff were friendly and helpful. the wifi was always good in the room and the restaurant. the breakfast had a wide choice, with cereals, greek and continental style. the restaurant food was simple but good value and i enjoyed it every evening i stayed (4nights). the location is good, very close to the metro and main rail station, there was some noise from the street but i think you'll get that anywhere in athens. i had a good shower with one of those mini bath things i guess you sit in, but i didnt try that. there was a tv and aircon in the room i didnt try either.

Date of stay: November 2016