All reviews train station busy road minute walk air con fifth floor free breakfast clean hotel the breakfast area decent hotel kalambaka wifi bathtub balconies taxi piraeus santorini
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for nor stay in Athens. Literally a 100 m walk to the metro. So convenient ! Rooms are adequate with an odd shower but perfect for uus as we didn't spend much time there. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and they serve a great breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for one night whilst in Athens before heading to the islands.

The location is very good, being close to Larissis Station and about a 30 minute walk to the Acropolis.

The hotel itself was a little tired and the air conditioning in our room was awful, which made for a very hot and sticky night. The wifi was also very poor and we could only get a connection in the hotel lobby.

The breakfast however was very good, and there were lots of options at the buffet.

Overall we were pleased with what we got for the price, and other than the air con and wifi there was nothing negative to say.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank ltw1995
Reviewed August 20, 2015 via mobile

Basic hotel near to the metro station.
I had mistakenly booked for one person room, however clarified with Agoda that I will in addition pay for the extra person. I offered to pay in advance to the lady staff during check in in the afteroon but she is friendly enough to say is okay to pay during checkout. In the evening when I step out to go for walks with my friend, a guy receptionist (mid 30's) pointed at my friend in a rather rude manner. We waited and he said we must clear the remaining at that point of time to avoid confusion. I had less issue if he has done it in a polite manner, given the fact that I have offered to pay in the morning to his colleague. It could be a simple miscommunication, but I do not think a guest should be treated in such inappropriate and rude manner. The attitude of the untrained staff does affect the quality of stay.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2015

We stayed at the Ariston for one night from 5-6 August, due to its proximity to Larissa station. Upon arrival, the receptionist seemed uninterested and unfriendly. When we walked into reception, she just looked at us and didn't offer any greeting. I had a question regarding printing out of train tickets and her very gruff reply made me unwilling to ask anything else! The room itself was clean and comfortable with a small balcony. The hotel overlooks a busy street but noise wasn't too much of an issue.

During the night, the air con started leaking, so we put some towels down to prevent the water pooling on the floor.
The morning staff were much friendlier, and considering the price of the room, the breakfast was very good.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria B
Reviewed August 13, 2015

Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Hotel is located a one minute walk from a metro and train station, a short ride away from the city centre. The room itself is nothing spectacular but has everything you need. The bed was not particularly comfortable but the air-conditioning was strong and the wifi was decent in the room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone (couples, solo or families) travelling on a budget.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple