All reviews train station busy road minute walk air con fifth floor free breakfast clean hotel the breakfast area decent hotel kalambaka wifi bathtub balconies taxi piraeus santorini
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our ferry into Athens was very delayed so we didn't actually arrive at the hotel until after midnight but still received a warm welcome and advice on where we could go out to eat at that time of night. We also got advice on how to get to the bus station the next morning and free wifi to help us find bus timetables.

The room was modern and clean and the hotel seemed very nice, we did only stay for one night so cannot comment on the area much but I would definitely return to this hotel if I was back in Athens.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have been Athens about 10 times but never found my favorite one. Therefore,the hotel I stay is different on each time. This time I tried Ariston. Room was standard level for 3 star hotel in Athens. Good point was that Carrefour was located in 5 min.walk and guy in the reception
was helpful.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have stayed for 5 nights at the Ariston. I must confess that I was impressed by the service. I don´t remember having stayed in a hotel where everybody is so helpful and cheerful. On top of that, the hotel is very good value.

Room tip: It can be a bit noisy. So, discuss that with the hotel before checking-in.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Ideally located if coming from Airport. Take the metro from airport @ 8 euro per head (20 Euros for 3 persons), BE SURE TO VALIDATE your metro ticket (or there is a HEAVY fine). Get off at Syntagma, change to RED line & get off at Larissis stop. Hotel is 3 minutes walk from Metro. In fact, you can see it when you come out of the metro! Ideal mode of travel is to take the 4 Euro ticket which allows you UNLIMITED travel by Bus, Metro as well as tram in the entire Athens network. Only VALIDATE your ticket at entry point by inserting in the machine. Metro stations are wll defined in English & it is very easy to commute in Athens. The hotel was neat & clean with a small but functional bathroom. Shower curtain in bath tub was missing which caused bathroom to become wet & slippery but no major hurdle! Breakfast was great with boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, milk, cereals, tea, coffee. But the best for the last, which is the staff. One guy whose name is Pinaut (I think) was great; so was the tall girl, whose name I did not ask. BUT THE BEST, MOST JOVIAL, HELPFUL & THE PRETTIEST GIRL IN ATHENS WAS MATINA (with my wife in the photo enclosed). She had an infectious laughter & was extremely helpful in her advise with regard to the places to visit, where to shop, how long would it take, etc. She was like a guide who extrapolated your requirement & anticipated your issues, which were resolved in a jiffy! Absolute GEM of a person!

Room tip: Higher floor with balcony. Take the semi circular room which we had; it had 3 small balconies!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Sunil V
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Only stay here if you are going to take the train to Meteora. Otherwise, there isn't much to do in the immediate surroundings. That said, I decided to give it a very good rating as the Hotel is clean, functional and at a very good price.

Trip type: Traveled with friends