WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“i took great care and researched well (i thought) for this hotel ..” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel

Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel
Ranked #34 of 336 Hotels in Athens
nottinham
“i took great care and researched well (i thought) for this hotel ..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

this hotel is NOTHING like the pictures, it is dark ..dirty and dismal! It is on a VERY busy road and at a junction so the traffic noise all night is unbearable, the rooms are tiny, dont be fooled by the pictures online! The bathroom was small and very poor quality finish. We couldnt get a reception on the tv for the greek channels and there was no sat tv. The breakfast......oh dear, it is served in the dirty basement bar which only had about 3 tables so even if we had wanted to sit and eat we couldn't, the breakfast consisted of some cold fried eggs sitting in cold oil, some dried up cheese and some cold greasy fried potatoes, served from dirty containers on tables covered with grimy cloths...we went straight from the breakfast room, packed and left!!!!! The area the hotel is in seems to be abandoned at night apart from the 2 sex shops either side of the hotel there was nothing open so nowhere to have an evening meal, apart from walking back to the area around the acropolis where you could eat and get a drink if you were prepared to pay the prices...€6 for a bottle of Fix beer!!!!!! I WOULD NOT STAY THERE AGAIN!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank j e

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Absolutely worth the money (which were very few indeed, as this hotel lowers the prices, if they have enough availability, which I find an excellent policy). The location is great. The hotel is so close to the center of Athens and on one of her main roads. Bus, tram and train station nearby. Extremely helpful staff. So welcoming hotel. Didn't want to leave! Great decoration at the room, which was fully renovated. Coco mat matrices. Will definitely go back there. Also has a bar on the basement.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CreteBlue
Donara, Front Office Manager at Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
What we can say... just - THANK YOU!
dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I prefer to stay on the south side of the acropolis close to the museum. It's easy access to all the sites but away from the hordes. I stayed in this hotel just one night but was very impressed with it. I happened upon a great Internet rate so I thought I'd give it a shot. The bathroom, as usual in Europe, was fairly small but plenty big for my needs. The decor in the rooms was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. At first I was concerned because they didn't have any rooms off the busy street. However, once I closed the window, the noise was gone. It was amazing how noise proofed they are. I can't remember if my room had ac or not, as I was there in May and it was unusually cool and not needed. The breakfast buffet was good and the overall feel of the hotel was nice. I would definitely go back. In fact, I am bringing a group to Greece in September and I'm hoping to find that great rate again so that we can stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank wug26
Donara, Front Office Manager at Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your worm review after almost 1 year! We hope to see you soon.
Mosta, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really a little gem in all the choas there is right now in Athens, made my holiday very much worthwhile, the location is excellent and I normally walked to the city centre because just 5 mins away is Plaka area and its great to walk through there and everything is close by even metro.

Staff were very helpful and all the people that worked in reception were very nice, had some problems in the room but they changed it for me quickly which was great, bed was very comfortable and enjoyed having a good sleep! Room wasn't big but was very cosy but had problems mostly with tv because the channels would freeze or get jammed, got better last view days...

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Brian-Mixa
Dear Brian, thank you for your worm review! We hope to see you soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel during Christmas holidays. Our room was very tidy, the decoration was great and the staff very helpful and we actually felt like home. I've got to mention that the breakfast was really good and too much on the contrary of other hotel's we've been before.
Although the hotel is situated in one of the main central roads of Athens, we didn't find it that noisy. Really good value of money got to tell and we would recommend our friends to visit beautiful Athens and stay at this hotel!
Oh...I forgot to mention that the hotel owns an amazing bar in the ground floor where the music is great and the people who run that, Soteres and Thanasis (if I spelled that correctly) are very friendly. We had the chance to try the traditional rakomelo, a sweet aperitif , originated from Crete, among other Greek products ( wine, beer etc.) accompanied by free "meze" (snacks). In addition, we were offered a complimentary coupon for a welcome drink at the bar, which we found it a great idea! We spent the entire night at this lovely bar, and we really loved it!
Thank you all for your really nice hospitality!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mary, we just hope that you will visit us again and have chance to taste our new "meze". Thank you for your great review!
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were in Athens for business trip and I choose this hotel because if very close to pedestrian zone a well as because of price. Hotel is nice, but it is on the main street, so it is very noisy during night. Rooms are nice and the breakfast is poor and it is held in basement of hotel. Parking place is big problem, especially because it is free and there is no space. But there are 2 parking garages behind the hotel. Anyway it is very good for a price we paid.

Room Tip: try with one on side street view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Donara, Front Office Manager at Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear guest, all of us really appreciate your review and hope to see you soon not only for business!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a hard time locating the entrance at first when we were dropped off by the taxi driver. The entrance was made up off steel doors (looked like a decor than a door) . It was not automatic.
My niece ( 13 years old) really , really liked the bed/room . As if she's in a loft all by herself. She liked the decorations and felt like a princess. The only problem was that she had to bend her head because the ceiling is low.
For myself, I think the decorations were a little bit "tacky". My sister -in law like the freshly squeezed oranges (done by herself). My brother said the food was just ok. There was no variety. We stayed for 5 days 4 nights. We ate breakfast for 3 days. The food was the same .
We really appreciate Andreea who booked our excursions in Greece without any problems. She gave us good directions that we were able to navigate Athens (center) with out any incidents. She also booked us a very nice taxi driver for our return to the airport . It made us feel safe and secure. Unlike when we first arrived; we got a taxi at the airport. We were afraid where we will end up.I would also like to thank Lena (I hope I got her name right). She explained everything to us before we checked it. The "night guy", I forgot his name; was also nice when we checked out. The housekeepers were all nice and our rooms were kept clean. The beds were also comfortable. May I suggest though to have another "trash can " in the room. We have only one trash can (a very small one) in the bathroom. For 4 people, it is not enough.
Over all, our stay was very enjoyable. It was worth it (for the price we paid).Greece is a beautiful country.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Donara, Front Office Manager at Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear guest, all of us really appreciate your review and hope to see you soon!