I recently stayed at the Hotel Vienna during a short three day trip to Athens. I had originally chosen the hotel because it was close to the city center, it was very cheap, and the reviews here on Tripadvisor were generally positive. Bottom line upfront, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend it to someone traveling solo and just wanting to use a hotel as a place to sleep at night.
Here were the things that I liked:
- Extremely cheap...i bought a package hotel/flight deal but my estimation was that the room charge was around 39 Euros a nght.
- Great location for transportation purposes. The hotel is located two blocks from the Omonia metro station making travel around Athens (if you use the subway) a snap. You could be at the base of the Acropolis in around 10-15 minutes tops.
- Really friendly and acquiescing staff. My special thanks to Mr. Mike (Efthimios) who sat down with me for about 15 minutes and gave me a comprehensive rundown of places to eat and how to get to all the major tourist locations via metro or walking. He also gave me a great tip to go see the changing of the guard on Sunday at 1100 on Syntagma Square.
- Rooms were clean and more than adequate for one person. I took some great sunset photos from the balcony.
- As some people have previously mentioned, they have a very liberal early check-in policy. I showed up at around 1100 and they had a room I could settle into right away. In addition, when I didn't like the first room they put me in (smelled like cigarettes), they immediately shifted me to another room that met all of my requirements.
Here was the thing I didn't like:
- Breakfast was only adequate. In essence you get a (one) cup of coffee, bread, a tin of yogurt, and a roll. That's it though I'm not really complaining.
In closing, my thanks to the Hotel Vienna staff for my making my trip to Athens a pleasant one.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vienna Hotel Athens