“Lovely stay at Novus Hotel”
Review of Novus City Hotel

Novus City Hotel
Ranked #32 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Beautiful hotel in Athens, only a couple of metro stops away from all the main tourist attractions. The hotel is not in the best area however there were two females in my party and at no time did we feel any problems walking to or from the metro which is just at the end of the road. I would not suggest walking around the back streets near the hotel but neither would I do this in the centre of any major city! I would definately stay at this hotel again.

The staff were very friendly and even the general manager took time to talk to us and advise us of restaurants to try and places to visit. On the hotels recommendation we went to a top class fish restaurant near the port (Zorbas I believe) and had the best meal of our stay. Expensive but fine dining on the port front. We also ate in the hotel on a number of occassions and the food was always of a high standard.

Although the hotel is supposed to have sound proof walls there was alot of noise from other rooms and outside traffic/dogs barking. This did not bother me as I always carry earplugs but if you are a light sleeper maybe a higher floor room would be better.

If I return to Athens I will most definately stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Novus City Hotel

Reviewed October 9, 2011

The hotel had very modern interior and a lovely roof terrace with pool, bar and view to Acropolis. Our room was an executive room and was a large room with modern funiture. The bed was a little bit hard. The breakfast was very good with a good variety of different food.
The staff was very friendly and service minded. It was about 100 meters from the metro station. Probably best to cross the street near the roundabout and not at the front of the hotel due to two directions traffic and no pedestrian crossing.
We experienced the hotel as safe place due to always two hotel employees at the front desk and one security guard outside the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed at the Novus in mid-September 2011 and was very happy with it. It is slightly off the beaten track, being a short distance from Omonia and Sintagma, and it worked great. The Metaxourgheo metro station is about a half block away and with the €14 weekly transit pass, I was able to get anywhere quickly and easily. The room was a bit spartan but fairly usual for a middle-of-the-road European hotel -- it would benefit from a comfy chair in the room but I spent relatively little time there so it wasn't a major issue. My daily surprise was "what towels will I get today" as the combination and quantity changed almost every day -- it wasn't an issue, there was always enough, it was just amusing. Another aspect of the room that I found amusing was the little window (with blinds, if you need them) that allows someone in the room to see into the shower. It was unusually warm this September and while the room got quite warm, the A/C quickly cooled it off within a couple of minutes.

The staff were great -- especially the servers at breakfast and on the rooftop. I must have missed something in the description before I left and found when I got there that the breakfast room roof opens -- a great way to start the day. In some of the reviews I saw before I left there were a few comments about the breakfast being inadequate -- I found the opposite as there was always an array of breads and cereals, cheeses and meat slices, fruit, and the requisite bacon and eggs. I stayed for a week and every evening I would end the day with a glass of wine or beer on the roof looking out over the Acropolis and the city -- a great way to end the day.

The neighbourhood had a number of restaurants and shops if you were inclined to wander a bit and was perfectly safe. The Novus was a great choice and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank NJJEBarber
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stayed at the Novus Hotel last year and paid around £100 a night, this year we stayed for almost half that ! The hotel is clean, friendly, modern and very handy for the Metro.

Last year we noticed the area was bad for people hanging around, many places closed down etc but this year it seems to have improved.

I would not hesitate to stay at the Novus again, definitely the best place in Athens to enjoy the city !!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

The Novus hotel is reeally a bargain! Wonderful. Very clean and new, exceptional service: everyone is kind and helpful.
The view from the roof is spectacular. The swimming pool is not big but nice.
The restaurant bar on the top serves nice salads and other: very good for a fast dinner.
Someone said that the hotel is in a ''bad' area: that's not true at all in my opinion.
I had a look to the area of the city that is considered ''good'' and I was not able to spot any difference. I'll return there for sure.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have just completed my second stay at the Novus and was very impressed once again.The staff throughout the hotel were friendly,helpful and profesional.I was lucky enough to get an upgrade on my room and it was very well equipped with a large bathroom and full size bath.As other guests have commented,the quality and choice of the breakfast buffet is excellent.The rooftop area is lovely,the pool is quite small but the views from it across greater Athens are superb.
Providing public transport is running,you can get everywhere very quickly by Metro as there is a station virtually across the road.Also,you can walk to Syntagma Square in about 20 minutes as I found out as the Metro was on strike on my final day.
I was very impressed that the high standards which the hotel set in its first year continue to be met and indeed exceeded,I will definately be back in 2012

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel in Athens. My first impression was excellent as the decor in this hotel is amazing. its very chic and funky. The front office staff were more than helpful and their English was excellent. The hotel has an amazing roof top bar with a pool and it has the best view of the Acropolis and of Athens city. It was close to the hop on hop off bus stop and also the metro and there are some cafe's / restaurants nearby.
The rooms were very spacious and clean and the bathroom was beautiful.
The food is also fantastic!!! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends