“I went back and really liked this hotel again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimon Athens Hotel

Kimon Athens Hotel
Ranked #73 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“I went back and really liked this hotel again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Kimon two years ago and said I’d be back…well, I went back in June :-)
I had booked through the hotel website and requested the room I had the first time. Unfortunately and please note: any comment (in the Comments box) you enter on their website does not come through. They showed me the print out of my message and there was no request visible. I therefore did not get the room I requested and after one night I moved to a room with balcony (number 9), the balcony being the reason for requesting my previous room. Apart from this everything was fine. The location is the best, right in the centre but in a quiet street. Breakfast at 5 euros is a very good deal: fresh orange juice, bread, jam, a boiled egg and coffee or tea at that price is great (fresh orange juice alone will cost 5 euros down the street). The rooms are very clean, staff are friendly; when in Athens you’ll find me here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank PetraRo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

we stayed here for 1 night on our way back to Auckland, we arrived from the Port and got the metro for 1.60 euros each and walked the rest of the way. This room had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in in a hotel and it have good linen and a mattress protector. We had the breakfast on the roof terrace and while it was basic for 5 euro's that included a pot of tea and a freshly squeezed juice which was worth more than that. Close to all the action. Check out was at noon and our taxi wasn't picking us up until 4 pm so we had a leisurely lunch out and come back to the hotel and sat on the roof terrace until our taxi arrived. Cost us 40 euro to the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank namel
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Found this place via tripadvisor and was glad we chose it. Although the rooms are quite basic it was clean and the air conditioning worked a charm in 40 plus degree heat. Great location walkable to all landmarks and close to shops/restaurants. Also has a nice view of the Acropolis from the roof terrace. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Only downfall is the poor Wifi in the rooms but worked better in stair well and rooftop.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wafer25
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

My sister and I were looking for a clean, well located but inexpensive hotel for our last three nights in Athens. We found Hotel Kimon and we were glad we did.
Pros
- Room: We really slept well and mattresses were the comfiest we had in our 3 weeks in Greece. The shower was nice and had door, which again was the best we had during our trip in Greece. The room was clean and refresh each day. We were especially pleased by the AC in the room since it was hot in June. Plus the Wifi signal was strong. It was not noisy as I recall. From the rooftop terrace you get a view of the acropolis. Since it is so close by, you only get a partial view of the Parthenon. It was still enjoyable at night to get a drink while having a look at the illuminated acropolis.
-Location: located between the Sygmata square and the Monastiraki Metro, the hotel is easily access from the airport (bus or train) and the port (metro). You can easily walk around Athens from there. We were two girls and never found the area to be sketchy.
-Services: Prior to our arrival, I emailed them for information and they responded quickly. All the staff we met were friendly and helpfull, giving us good advice on activities, restaurant, etc.
-Breakfast: you can pay to have breakfast on the roof. We just had coffee one morning. It was nice to have coffee with the acropolis view.
Cons (they are not that deal breakers but you should be aware of it)
-I can't find any for the price.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the Kimon hotel and would totally stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank LilyCan
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Kimon for six days in late July. This coincided with an incredible heat wave that engulfed Athens (103 - 108 F for four straight days). The room was small (who cares, I was alone on business) but unbelievably clean. The bed was fine, pillow was great and the bathroom, though miniscule, fit my needs. The air conditioning, not usually a big selling point except for reasons pointed out above, was outstanding!!

I noticed that some on here have pooh poohed the Kimon's rule of leaving your key at the front desk when you leave. It turned out to be a really nice thing. Since the front desk people actually acknowledged you by asking for the key and returning it, you got to know them and it felt much more personal than most big hotels.

Overall, unless you'd like to get your money's worth out of a hotel by staying in your room all day and marveling at the acoutrements, save your cash for more fun things (like the great Greek food or souvenirs) and stay at the Kimon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mwbroucek
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The entrance doesn't look very inviting and the hotel overall doesn't have a particular charm but the room are renovated and clean. The location is perfect: in "Plaka", next to pleanty of nice bars and restaurants but it's not noisy at all. The employees are all very kind and helpful with any kind of information! One of the cheapest hotel in this area.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank NicPato
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

hotel is 5min walk from metro. it's clean and efficient. good for a quick stay. If you're looking to spend much time in the room then yes, there are more luxurious options out there. but this is a great safe, clean option for half the price of most nearby hotels. there is no elevator to keep in mind of you have huge heavy bags. stay here..then in the evening..go nearby atop the plaka hotel rooftop and enjoy a cafe or drink with a beautiful view of the acropolis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo