“Great location, good value!”
Review of Kimon Athens Hotel

Kimon Athens Hotel
Ranked #70 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Very well located in the Plaka neighborhood, 5-10 minute walk will find you at all the ancient ruins. Simple, clean, comfortable - best value we could find.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Zoe G
There are newer reviews for Kimon Athens Hotel

Reviewed December 9, 2010

The hotel:
Pro: Location. The street is quiet, you are in the middle of the Plaka, the good part of Athens city center with historical sites & museums at walking distance. The metro is five minutes away from Syntagma square (with a direct metro connection to the airport).
Con: the hotel has no restaurant. There are two ways of having breakfast, 1) in one of the cafe's around the corner which also means at least 10 Euro's per person per day extra. 2) order breakfast from outside (ask reception) for 5 Euro's per person. We would not have used the breakfast service if the weather hadn't been good for the simple reason that our room was too small to be able to eat comfortable on the bed while now, with the good weather, we were able to use the terrace on the third floor.

The room:
Pro: basic but clean (although the last is supposed to be a fact instead of having to be mentioned as a pro ..).
Con: * there was a musty smell in the room (we thought that the cleaning lady must have been smoking while cleaning our room but it wasn't that since the smell stayed with us for the six days we were staying at the hotel).
** The room was damp, very damp with mould spots on some of the walls (musty smell?). Even though we had good weather in November, the mornings and evenings were chilly and the room was not feeling warm and comfortable, even the bed sheets felt clammy in the evening. Definitely not recommended for cold wintermonths where you need central heating, not air conditioning which is just not enough.
*** You can literally hear anything from the room next door, very frustrating. The rooms on the third floor that have straight access from and to the terrace have a definite sound problem from visitors at every hour of the day and night.
This is a one star hotel, do not expect more value for your money.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank delilah73
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Hotel Kimon was a great choice for a place to stay in Athens. The hotel is located in Plaka, which is close to many restaurants/cafes and shopping. Best of all, the Metro is a short walk from the hotel. From the time I walked in, the staff was welcoming and helpful. During my entire stay, I felt like a valued guest at this hotel. Best of all, the room was spotless and was kept up daily with crisp linens. When it is time to return to Athens, I will not hesitate to book my lodging with Hotel Kimon. I would be silly to consider any other place in Plaka or anywhere within Athens.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank jsminmgm
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Situated on a narrow street in the Plaka - an atmospheric tourist friendly area in the shadow of the Acropolis. The room was large and had a balcony with a view through a street of the catherderal. The staff friendly and helpful. An easy walk to the main sights in a brilliant city, and good value.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mike_from_essex
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We had a superior room and it was immaculate and not too small. It had a nice balcony and a safe in the room.
The roof garden was clean and a nice view of the Acropolis too.
It was just a short walk from the airport bus stop in the Syntagma Square and the Acropolis.
I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay to see Athens.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lizianp
Reviewed October 8, 2010

It looked good in the picture but when I got there it wasn't what I expected. Seemed like they reserve their worst room for the internet reservations. It was the smallest room, stuffy, musty odor with no window to the outside. You could spend just a few more Euro and stay in a far better hotel. My reservation was for 3nights leaving my options open to see other hotels for the remainder of my trip. After my second night, I walked down the street and got a much better hotel for almost the same price.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank aremu
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We ended up staying at Hotel Kimon b/c I had unknowingly booked a hotel in the worst part of Athens (Omonia) and needed to find somewhere else to stay quick! I was very happy with our room and the price, but I especially loved the location (right in the middle of Plaka) and the incredible shower system in our room! I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple