“Great Hotel - go for it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Centrotel Hotel

Centrotel Hotel
Ranked #25 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Ra'anana, Israel
“Great Hotel - go for it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Beautiful hotel, worth any cent! and we didn't pay so many cents there... :)
Room was very big, very clean, in the bathroom we found a Jacuzzi (but didn't use it..) - very recommended!
Staff was very pleasant and nice.
The hotel also offers a free underground parking - you need it in this area if you rent a car, and they allow us to use it along the day event after we checked out.

View from the room is horrible, but your'e not going to Athens for a view...
The location is also not the best in Athens - however it has a metro station in a 10 min walk distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank MeirR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santorini, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed for two nights In a suite. The room was spacious for 2 adults and 2 children with one queen bed and one double sofa. The hotel itself is totally new and very clean. The breakfast was continental and costs 7,5 euro per person per day. The staff was very friendly ready to help and always with a smile. The area is not the best of Athens but there is nothing to see close by so you don't need to walk around. All in all a great hotel with reasonable rate. We will come again when visiting Athens. The family from Santorini.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank George-AVH
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

No, the staff is not that friendly. I was rudely treated by one of them - for having a doubt about a service I was paying for - and with indifference by another. And yes, the location is terrible. Even the taxi driver who took me there told me to be careful. The room is ok and the price is low but I wouldn't even think about staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Brenobo
Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Centrotel is very nice on the inside. The surrounding neighborhood is just like any other big city neighborhood. I would not walk alone through the neighborhood. Stick to the main roads and you will be fine. Market was 50m out to the left for anything you need. Since there was a fridge, I decided to grab some beers and soda for the hot Greek days. 5 Euro for 2 Liters of Coke and a 6 pack of Amstel. Not bad. Hotel does have excellent service and very friendly folks operating it from the front desk staff to the waitress, they took care of my every need. Though I'm a walker/hiker, I chose to utilize a taxi to go to dinner last evening and the desk clerk called one right away. I highly recommend that instead of grabbing a cab off the street anywhere. Great cabbie struck up a conversation and took me straight to the restaurant through a traffic jam, odd for early evening on a week day, but it's Athens; always crazy here. I did take the Metro which is 200m to the right outside the hotel to Victoria Square. Two stop towards Piraeus and I was in Monastraki, so up I went through Plaka to the Acropolis. It was a quaint hike that was in some places quite the angle. So, If you have difficulties walking, you may want to hire a car to drive you up.
Overall, my experience at Centrotel was very good. My only complaint is the other patrons slam doors and you can hear everything, even conversations through the walls (and I wasn't trying to listen). No matter, turn on the A/C and some music and it all melts away.
The Jacuzzi tub was a nice addition as well, but the hours it works are not during the times I wanted to use it. I did get to use it twice though which helped relax the sore muscles from a long day of trekking through Athens.
There are better hotels, but for the price and distance away from everything, it was perfect for me. I travel alone throughout the world and find Athens a very friendly city (1st visit).
Now, to pack and head to the Island!
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street. Room comes with a nice balcony, but it is a very noisy ne...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank OfficerandGentleman
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at the Centrotel Hotel for 3 nights. The hotel staff is great! All 3 front desk personnel (on various occasions and days) we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 4th floor and it was comfortable, spacious and clean. The wifi was a bit slow in the evenings, but worked well in the mornings.
The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station. We didn't mind the walk as we found a great bakery near the metro station where we had breakfast every morning. The hotel has private underground parking. It is a bit tricky getting into some of the spaces and getting out of the lot, but we felt safe in storing our car in their garage. The garage is protected/gated and the front desk personnel open the gate upon your arrival and/or departure.
The only downside to the hotel is that it is in a kind of sketchy neighborhood, but we didn't have any problems when we walked to/from the hotel and the metro station.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LuvDebe
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you have a few days to explore Athens and do not know where to stay, you must check out the Centrotel. Modern, spotlessly clean, and walking distance to Victoria Station (great train system) and the the fabulous National Archeological Museum. We booked and paid a few months in advance and got an amazing deal for 5 nights. Very helpful front desk too. You can get a basic breakfast if you want (most Greeks have a coffee and a cigarette for breakfast) but eat out at the hundreds of places in Athens for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the front street and mostly quiet neighborhood. Probably a better bet than the r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michael c
Ithaca, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. It is elegantly decorated, spotlessly clean, and the bathrooms are incredible. The jacuzzi tubs are such a great way to relax after a long day of travel or sightseeing. Yes, there are certain hours of the day when the jets do not run, but it is easy enough to plan a relaxing bath around those hours. Furthermore, the tubs are so big that even without the jacuzzi effect, a bath is a wonderful experience. My 8 month old daughter loved the star lights in the ceiling. The rooms have great ac and mini fridges for storing cold drinks and leftovers. I enjoyed eating on the balconey, with the everyday life of Athens going on below. The staff of the hotel cannot be beat! They will do whatever is necessary to make your stay excellent. They even helped us communicate with our next hotel. They greeted us with a smile everytime we walked in the door, and they immediately knew which room we were in to give us our key. We stayed for three nights upon arriving in Greece, before heading to the islands, and when it was time to head home, we were very disappointed that online sites showed that they were full. However, my husband called them and they said that they would have a room ready for us when we arrived. So, we got to spend another lovely night before flying home. Also, we didn't have to give them any of our information when we arrived because they had looked it up from our previous stay. They simply handed us a key and told us to have a lovely stay and to let them know if we needed anything. The hotel is within walking distance of the National archealogical museum, which is a must see. It is also very close to two metro stations, which will take you to sites such as the acropolis in no time. I see no benefit whatsoever to staying anywhere but Centrotel without paying a few hundred dollars for an acropolis view. I would never stay elsewhere. (Also, I felt completely comfortable walking in the neighborhood at night, with my baby, while my husband picked up food. It is a lived-in location of an old city; that does not make it unsafe. The only problem would be if you could be described as spoiled, prissy, or melodramatic.) Oh, and the beds are very firm, but after three weeks of travel, I can say with confidence that they are like that throughout Greece.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family